Moray & Aberdeenshire Plans For 2014

Ok everyone with this year coming to a close I'm starting to look at things for next year.

Keith is a given, we'll be there for that one as usual and personally I'd like to add Grantown Motormania to the Annual Events list (thanks for the heads up on that one Scooby Doom). I suppose we could also add Buckie to the Annual list as it seems to be the one start everything off up here!

The days at Boyndie were great fun and we've got a good relationship going with the Aberdeen District Motorsport Club which is good and of course the guys and girls at the Grampian Kart Club. Hopefully next year we can arrange a day at Boyndie for the club with some Karting and hopefully a chance to get the Scoobs on the track as well. I was thinking about having a look at some of the hill climbs that we have in the area as well as the sprints at Boyndie.

I'll arrange the detailing day that didn't happen this year as the guys were in the process of moving the business, so we can add that to the prospective list.

This is just see if there's anything anyone fancies doing or is there something someone knows about that could be a good day out/event for us to attend.

I noticed yesterday that so far this year I've done less than 4,000 miles in the scoob so I think a few runs could be on order next year as well.....

So here's my list of prospective events for 2014 - in no particular order

Buckie

Keith - Rrrallye Event

Grantown - Motormania

Boyndie - Sprints

Fintray - Hillclimbs

Boyndie - SIDC Karting/Track day

Detailing Day - Aberdeen

A few runs

One other option I was thinking of was Driftland - one of the guys at work has a drift prepped IS200 (turbo, front mount, feck off huge hand brake) and he heads down for all the events there. So we have a way in if we can get the interest/numbers. Or we could do Club day there for anyone, there was a thread on here about it when it was still being built.

So the floor is open for anyone to have their say and give me some ideas.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah will try get out to some things just dunno what... No promotion for me i'm afraid but house, wedding, trying to keep scoob on in good working order since it spends most of its time tucked away in the back of the garage :crying:

Once everything is out of the way and settled hoping to bounce back with avengence..:D After the fling this year, the other half keeps insisting on learning to drive so she can have a scoob of her own! :love:

There's some footage on their face tube page, they only officially opened last month. It'll take some time for the word to get round but it looks good and the guy at work has nothing but good things to say about the place.

I'll try and get some more info on the place and see what can be sorted out next summer.

im up for helping with what i can and get to as much as possable. think the scooby time trail at boyndie we spoke about would be good plus making sure we at the ones ( with helmets this time) where you get on the track for some test runs. plus what about some of the car cruise/ meet like the one in inverness thiss weekend. if we got a few of us together to go to some of them with some club flyers too. just a thought. you have missed out the fling too. that is a must for a meet up lol

I went out for a run yesterday went to aviemore thrue Dufftown and back thrue the Keith way just 1 big prob was in the wife's bus lol wish it was in the scoob lol but the kids wer gan nuts we the nice bumps lol but was nicely telt to get a f in grip lol she was nay happy lol

I went out for a run yesterday went to aviemore thrue Dufftown and back thrue the Keith way just 1 big prob was in the wife's bus lol wish it was in the scoob lol but the kids wer gan nuts we the nice bumps lol but was nicely telt to get a f in grip lol she was nay happy lol

funny, mine is like that too. lol. she has no sence of scooby fun ....... apart from the fling. think 2014 one she might not be holding on to anything as she went from holding on with both hand first year to one hand this year and no screaming................. just the odd whimper this year

i must be privelidged then as seen him twice since the fling. tho the second time he was classed as a stalker when his little fiesta followed mr thru keith and pulled up behind me when i was dropping the loon back at his mums. after he got out i realized who it was. the jusry is still out on my first thought tho :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Might need some help next year Taff. Looks like I'm getting a new role at work next year with my own project to lead, problem is I'm here in Aberdeen the muppets I'm managing are in Chandigarh in India so I could be racking up a few air miles. I'll organise what I can, might need the odd bit of assistance...

Wonder if I can pick up any cheap Scooby parts in India?