Tyres Tyres Tyres

i'm open to abuse on this one......

when my wheels arrived they were shod with fullrun tyres (18").

I was planning on waiting a month or 2 then replace them with something decent.

for the 1st 1k miles or so they were awful in the dry and worse in the wet but then I noticed they were starting to grip well. I have now had them for 15 months and they are very sticky. I have done a hillclimb day on them, used them in the snow and they are great. if you can scrub them in in a short period of time then they are good tyres but I think they use way too much mould release on them so at first they are pants. they are certainly better than some of the Michelins I have used in the past.

Nobody ever mentions Pirelli! My Hawk PPP has been running on P-Zero Nero 225x40ZR18s since 2007 (on my third set) and I can't fault them in wet or dry. Fairly soft compound which means they need replacing at around 12,000.

Falken 225x45ZR18 452s fitted on my Accord 2.4 ivtec have proved to be perfect for that car...

I tried to get the F1 Assys but was told they do not come in my size!! lol

Did have an interesting conversation with a tyre supplier about the differences between asymetric and directional tyres and he has persuaded me!! I get a good price on some new tyres tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Just recently bought my 2.5 and it has new contis on the front and new car pirelli on the back.just wondered if thats a problem as I know most tyres have differing angles on the side walls.my dub pals like the falkens as the sidewall tucks in which equals more lowering powers

Just recently bought my 2.5 and it has new contis on the front and new car pirelli on the back.just wondered if thats a problem as I know most tyres have differing angles on the side walls.my dub pals like the falkens as the sidewall tucks in which equals more lowering powers

On a high performance all wheel drive car, I have always thought that all four tyres should be the same make and spec...

sell the 4 and fund michelins, as JJ says keep them the same.