Central Scotland July Run

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah cant be just that. Thats half the story id say .. see on orher forums like a dare i say it cough evo forum cough i used to frequent they still get numbers for turn outs and guesin no cheaper to run than a scoob.?

Im on my phone so cant see how many views this thread has had but i bet its more than 30..

Will also be guesing there be a thread pop up at some point sayi g uts quiet here its dead nobody goes to meets/runs. Yet heres things goin up wi plenty of notice and a joint one at that to include other areas to help boost numbers and yet its dying on its @rse.. the point as i took it with the joint ones was to support the other areas.

yous came through to edinburgh. We went to lanark and now its glasgows turn.. shldnt just be a case of .. ohhh evryones comin to edinburgh so its got decent numbers im gona pop out to it.. then when it comes to glasgows one its a case of ohh too far away or i cnt be ar##d .

Not saying that is the case. Also not having a pop at people in particular or that. Just think its crap to see such small numbers for whats meant to be several joint areas/regions. I mean realy out of everyone on this forum in these areas who read this post and theres onnly 6 people probabky going to turn up. There is people with genuine reason that cant make it and fair do's it cant be helped . But to not even get 10 names on the list from all these regions for a joint meet WTF???

Its f##king embarising if im brutaly honest .

Yeah holidays,maybe low funds, work issues,health can count for some.

But has the number of members in scotland got that low or are they all just living further north or just like skulking on the forum as a guest or just viewing threads?

Some may hate me sayin this but i log into ss.net - edinburgh meet/run your talking 10 -15 people/cars atleast usualy. Same numbers goes for glasgow and lanark .

Yet were doing a joint region one of those 3 areas and are geting 6. SIX!!!!!

now i havent been to any ss.net meets/events so cant say what their like etc

i prefer it here But them being a scottish scoob forum im using them as an example .

But i also frequent other scoob forums and i am member on them but this here -SIDC is my home and i hate seeing it going down with these low numbers and hearing things like above of running costs etc yet other forums seem to have no issues with getting the numbers. I dont know why and i have no idea how to change that.

Its feeling like the falkirk wheel meet that i couldnt make this year for the first time since i joined . We had an sidc event where there was more members from another club that were meant to tag onto it than there was actual sidc members which shouldnt happen and its a newish club im led to believe. Especialy when they were joining one of the supposed biggest scoob forums for an event.

goan stop typing now as im getting myself worked up and gripping the phone tighter as i type.

My biggest problem is trying to get home from work to get the car and get out on time. I could just manage Hillington for 7.30 but I fear the Showcase for 7.15 may be a step too far. I will try though.

I know the location is chosen to be central and attract those from other regions, but not sure it has done that and it may well rule me out. I just don't know what the solution is.

It was just chance Gary. At the end of the run, where the photo was, we pulled out as a group but he shoehorned in. Then proceeded to drive like a knob. We all smoked him, before him overtaking at a junction where we stopped for a red light. Was like something out the blues brothers lol.

Pure doughball.