Clay Bars?

Wow how the topics have changed on here in the last few years - whenever I used to put a pic of a freshly shined up car on was told to get off to Detailing World :smiley-taunt014: .

You won't go far wrong with majority of the clay bars you buy from a decent detailing shop e.g. CleanYourCar.

If never used one before take 5mins to read up on the how to, easy process to do but couple of important guidelines that could help. If giving the car a proper clean then claying is a must.

Personally I just go with either the Meguiars or Sonus (mainly cause bought loads of it while back) along with the Megs Last Touch spray (I also use this drying the car so has double purpose to me)...but the Bilt Hamber reads up well and if you don't need the spray to go along with then cost effective option also.

Also no need for any of the aggressive types of claybar, think using the manufacturers wording either soft or mild should be fine.

Need to try it myself to believe. How long have these clay bars been around then ? Seen them just a couple of years or so ago, I tend not to believe in the hype of owt new until well established or at east accepted by the real world if you know what I mean? Will it work on cars that are driven all year round not just the April to October crowd?.

Edited by ccrien

Need to try it myself to believe. How long have these clay bars been around then ? Seen them just a couple of years or so ago, I tend not to believe in the hype of owt new until well established or at east accepted by the real world if you know what I mean? Will it work on cars that are driven all year round not just the April to October crowd?.

Seeing is believing my friend, or in this case feeling, try it, you wont be dissapointed. You will be surprised how much tar and sheit it takes of even the cleanest looking paint work. :thumbup: and smooth as a baby ass.

• 2 months later...

Yeah defo work.

I saw a meguires clay bar kit on offer in halfords last year. Bought it.

got home and

i use the 2 bucket method and gave my car a good going over and wash etc and it looked great. Then thought lets try this clay bar stuff. Thinking the motor looked fine nice and clean and shiney i didnt expect it to make much difference . **** me i couldnt believe how much dirt was still on the car after washing it !

well worth a try .