Life Time Member And No Vote

Hi I'm a life time member and a member since 1999

How come I didn't get any communication about the impending elections???

Don't they think I'm bright enough

Don't they thinkid like a choice

I may have liked the treasures job but I don't

They can email me to renew membership but can't be ****INKING ARSED to email me about election

Sorry are you sat in your own world thinking I watch members forum every day ????????

Tony

Ps not really happy

Tony, we can only apologise for the lack of advance warning. I had understood there was supposed to be an email go out ahead of nominations from the club, just as there was before the voting began but it appears that wasn't the case. Again, apologies and we'll strive to make sure this doesn't happen again in future.

Tony,

I can only apologies that you didn't get your e-mail and can only apologies that nominations weren't invited that way too, but with it going out to over 550 members there is ultimately going to be some e-mail providers that won't accept them so felt it was best to put everything on the forum to cover eventualities. We also put it in the Club News & Announcements and Members Only areas too as we appreciate not everyone will look in there either.

As most of the committee work these days is IT and forum based we need people standing who can pretty much be on here at some point every day.

Is there a specific post you are interested in? If there is please let me know and we can try and address that.

Regards

Gus

Edited by Gus the Bus

Cheers Gus and Stu for the replies and understanding my view ;)

Sorry about being a moanie old fart but its an age thing :(

But to be fair I think this was a similar issue to a previous year

Email spam filters will always be an issue.

iPhone and iPads Etc don't show any new mail until you actually view the junk box and them down loads new content.

Surely the forum has an useful message system that i can see instantly any mew messages and even sends me an email.

Surely we can get a robust system in place which stops me wringing every time voting takes place.

Regards

Tony

Can you no just take a few tablets for your issues Tony ;)?

Ha ha ;)

Aren't they called "informme" pills ???

At the end of the day if the consensus is that only the select few can be on the committee and only the people that visit the members area can vote. Then it doesn't show the respect that the paying member deserve.

I'm sure a sticky in the general area wouldn't have cost the committee much !!!! Or will it be the same again next year

IMHO

Tony

Tony, for what it's worth I totally agree with you.

I've got some opinions on how to improve the club and the forum as well.

Not everyone might agree with what I see as the changes needed to shake this place up a bit, save the club a bit of money & improve the flow & promulgation of information.

I'll leave it at that for now, but hopefully I'll get the chance soon to have a meaningful input into how to change things for the betterment of everybody.

I'm not a big fan of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" ethos. Some things need change in order to evolve & grow ;).

Here endeth the party politacal broadcast ;).

The Club is certainly in a better place now than it was some time back. :D So a big thanks to all the Committee.

Surely a Sticky in general forums personal messages would be acceptable

Tony

Hi Tony,

Also lifetime member (although not according to my profile :( )

But can confirm that they sorted me out in a couple of days and got me back on the list of members.

And I have voted as well!

Cheers

Richard

Chiang Mai

Edited by heazille

Hi Tony,

Also lifetime member

But can confirm that they sorted me out in a couple of days and got me back on the list of members.

And I have voted as well!

Cheers

Richard

Chiang Mai

Richard well done mate. :D

I think the voting finishes this Thursday

Tony

Edited by T5NYW

Surely the forum has an useful message system that i can see instantly any mew messages and even sends me an email.

Surely we can get a robust system in place which stops me wringing every time voting takes place.

The current system is dated Tony and I know that folks are working between various databases to keep things Ticking over.

Significant time is also being spent to get a new forum and service provider up and running ( not by me may I add, as I wouldn't have a clue where to start :blush: ) and I'm sure this will simplify everything for the future for users and those working hard behind the scenes to keep the forum operating :thumbs: