Do You Text And Drive?

I think that was more life ending rather than life changing :o

Looks like they maybe just clipped the slush too which is easily done.

^ +1 Definitely fatal, and definitely came from clipping the slush. Poor BMW didn't stand a chance.

Thanks for the post though. Makes you think. I used to text while driving as most of my job was spent in traffic, and with the good ol' fashioned numberpad buttons, I could actually 'touchtype' Didn't need to look at my phone, so I could maintain most of my attention on the stationary traffic around me (London for you!) Now, however, I can't 1: No traffic (due to my commute into kent) and I have an android. No buttons to feel here. Soooo no texting while driving anymore :P

Edit: Willing to be wrong on the BMW front... Can't quite see what car it was, just had in the back of my mins 'X5' for some reason.

Edited by Oj 89

What I want to know is why everyone thinks this was down to texting? They crashed because they drove onto the snow and lost control.

Judging by half the t!ts on the road these days they can't even manage to operate a vehicle let alone text as well.

Not sure why you would want to post a fatality like that mate :(

Quite upsetting in all fairness....

wasnt trying to upset anyone matty or trying to get a laugh out of it. was just more tying to raise a slight awareness that in recent bad weather conditions no matter what you drive be it a scoob or off road vehicle etc then you should be taking extra care .. like i said in the post i dont know if the person was using phone or doing something else in the car and veered slightly and clipped the slush or if it was just an off chance or lack of concentration that caused it .

i just hope that anyone who has seen it and does text and drive, reaches for that cd to put in the cd player or messes about inside their car while driving might especialy in those kind of conditions that weve had lately have a secnd thot now as to what can happen in a split second and change everything for ever and maybe theyl think on second thot il just wait. or maybe they might drive a lil slower or with.more care and attention

What I want to know is why everyone thinks this was down to texting? They crashed because they drove onto the snow and lost control.

Judging by half the t!ts on the road these days they can't even manage to operate a vehicle let alone text as well.

... Thought about several ways to word it, but I didn't think it was down to texting, or taking his attention from the road at all! In those conditions, the only way you'll give yourself a good chance of surviving is to have eyes of a hawk, reactions of a meerkat, and the skill of <insert your favourite racing driver's name here>. And even then, you need to rely on the other people around you not to spoil your afternoon too! I put my opinion in as there is a time to text at the wheel when it's safe. It's when you're stationary, preferably parked. NOT when driving. Also, that I used to adds more weight to my argument imo.

Agreed, most of the ignorant, ill-mannered oafs that grace the roads of Britain can't even operate the indicators and drive! How they think they're supposed to focus on anything more comprehensive, I don't know!