Members Opinion Needed

Right guys i need some help i have to change my hatch WRX due to shall we say ongoing issues , i will explain more when i have matter concluded with my local dealer.

So to my question do i look to change to a New age gb270 with under 30k or go for another hatch but a WRX PPP with similar milage ? Both are almost identical in price (in dealer network) i am undecided so looking for some thoughts on the matter, all responses gratefully taken :)

Cheers all

Right guys i need some help i have to change my hatch WRX due to shall we say ongoing issues , i will explain more when i have matter concluded with my local dealer.

So to my question do i look to change to a New age gb270 with under 30k or go for another hatch but a WRX PPP with similar milage ? Both are almost identical in price (in dealer network) i am undecided so looking for some thoughts on the matter, all responses gratefully taken :)

Cheers all

Hmm, Let me see now what would I go for, a new age WRX with more power due to a PPP, which is a very lovely car indeed, slightly softer suspension than say, STis and the likes of. Which for me is perfect cos I'm in the getting older bracket age group. Parts readily available due to the car being, well lets be honest, the more common variety. (nothing wrong with that I have one. :thumbup: )

Or Do I go for the option (and I presume it is also the Wagon variety) that is very rare, slightly up on power to a WRX, in fact only 100 built, only available in the UK, any colour you want as long as it is metallic grey. Extra little body styling, embroidered seats lovely rims. In Fact lovely lovely lovely, with a helping of lovelyness as a side order. Hell, even the badges are gorgeous. (But £50 each so I did not buy some.) Lets just picture it in our minds for a moment.

post-24967-0-89668800-1357479475.jpg post-24967-0-04728800-1357479527.jpgpost-24967-0-22993400-1357477836.jpgpost-24967-0-20197700-1357477872.jpgpost-24967-0-02222400-1357477894.jpgpost-24967-0-50774200-1357477932.jpgpost-24967-0-74345400-1357477965.jpgpost-24967-0-48274100-1357478015.jpgpost-24967-0-09676800-1357478042.jpgpost-24967-0-23962400-1357478089.jpg

Hell, even if it was the Saloon variety of which only 300 were built, I have to admit that as long as it was not to hard on the road for me, (Channel Island roads are of particularly bad condition, pot holes and patches, so I don't supose you will have that issue !!!) Then for me, without doubt, there is no question to be answered.

I hope you enjoy your GB270, and yes I am very jealous, (Git) :icon_pray::banana2::thumbs: Just don't forget to wave when we see you on the road. :hello:

Sorry to use so much room on this conversation, but you did ask !!!

GB270 is an excellent alternative. However, if you were really lucky, you may be able to find a low mileage Hawkeye PPP like ours with just about every extra included to match the spec of the GB270 and at a very cheap price. Ours is in fantastic condition, 36,000 miles, and just prior to Christmas offered only £5,500 trade-in against an RB320!!

Definitely an option that would give cause to spend time pondering joshuajames.

The GB270 comes with a price tag that really dictates exclusivity. Indeed that is what one would be purchasing.

To make a choice in favour of another vehicle with such high spec as you say, certainly would deliver a reward that one could not only enjoy to the same level, provided the little extra badge was not of significant importance. It could; allow significant funds for enhancements in other areas of one's life, creature comforts, mobile home for weekends ? or just added financial comfort. Unlimited possibility really.

Why is choosing a vehicle such a difficult choice to make? Did Subaru set out to give the motorist every possible choice one could have, or did they just want to cause mental pandemonium through deliverance of myriad variation of a global automotive icon.

One thing is for sure, valarius's decision is not becoming any easier as this topic evolves. We can only speculate on what choices are there to be had. And this is indeed what valarius asked for! Ultimately the choice is valarius's to make. Only he knows whether the shoe will fit comfortably or not?

Personally. I like to be different, GB270 for me, the money does not matter if you own it long enough and care for it properly, it will be an exclusive car in many a year to come, and like the 22B, may even appreciate in value some day.

My hatch has become a worth that is more to me now, than the day we purchased it. It has become a member of the family.

I do hope however that valarius puts us all out of our misery once he has made up his mind, and post a picture or two of his decision for all to see.

If anyone is running a book, I'll have a pound on the GB270 please!