My95 Jdm Sti 555

Well I've had the car for 2 days now and I've not had much of a chance to do anything to it yet due to the poor weather. It's a bit rough around the edges, but will work away at it bit by bit.

So far I've only managed to fit a stereo and remove the MOT foglight .

I have, however, managed to take a few quick pics to show you guys. Sorry about the quality, as they're only taken from my phone.

e7nsp3.jpg

v65d1x.jpg

11kbdae.jpg

qnjy4m.jpg

nv5hy1.jpg

vjio2.jpg

nbdix0.jpg

axobc6.jpg

t6bajd.jpg

29vlbhg.jpg

sv6m8o.jpg

i57nua.jpg

More pics to follow when I get other stuff done.

Edited by phil mc

Whereabouts is it rough around the edges?? :)

I'll post those rough pictures up in a later update once the bits are repaired, but trust me, there's a patch of rust and several touched up areas with non 53C coloured paint, lol.

Need a new motor or replacement nearside elec folding mirror, but that will be sorted this week hopefully. Also the metal roof trim on both sides have dents and will be replaced.

Lastly, both sideskirts are a wee bit loose, so either need replaced or new clips to put back on properly. You've broken a car or two now Cathy, can you tell me if those roof trim pieces are easy to remove/replace, and do I need to buy new clips at all?

looks not to bad phil just bought it 3 months to late for some gucci parts i have sold.

Bugger!! Never mind, 1st dibs at your next round of modding though :thumbs: .

Perhaps the Stevenson Motorsport Division might have something on the shelves worth purchasing, lol?

I'll pop round with it this week when I get the chance, so you can have a quick butchers.

Edited by phil mc

I have got some auto glym super resin polish and auto glym gloss protector, planned on doing that and some stone chips today as im off work with a busted foot, but its pelting down here. :crying:

Have you used or heard anything regarding these clay bars (various brands)

Sounds like the good old ColourWax. Not bad on small scratches and stuff. I've had a bottle for years used on the 3 series i had and it's ok on the scoobs as well.

Claybars are good i use one before i get the polish out and you can feel the difference when you've used it. The car might look clean but there's loads of contamination on there that should be removed. All the info is here http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/decontaminating-paint.html

Lol, Gordon I'm soooo not into detailing. Bought this stuff a few years back (Bloody hell, maybe even 15yrs) to take out a few light scratches on my then new Pug 306DturboS :rotfl: .

TBH I don't know a thing about claying, but know a man that does. Speak to Colin aka C_WRX (Drop him a goat), and he'll set you on the right path.

Once my paintwork is done I'm gonna let him go to town on some paint correction, only because the car is new to me and has so obviously been seriously neglected cosmetically by previous owners :carwash: .