HELP needed.

I have been let down by a mechanic friend, im now in desperate need of having to get a set of brembos fitted to the front of my 04 wrx, the question im asking does any body on here want to earn themselves some extra pennies on an easter mon, i would do it myself but as i live in a flat with comunal parking, i have nowhere to do the work and have no tools either, im in bellshill. HELP.

I have a set of 18" inovite redlines that came on the car, there seems to be a lot of space between the exsisting wrx calipers and discs and the wheels themselves, no idea what the offset is, ive had a look to see if its stamped on the wheels somewhere but i dont see it.

only way to be sure is take 1 wheel off, do dummy build inside wheel with brembo disc and caliper and see if caliper touches wheel

possible do it tomorrow first thing but if wheels dont clear calipers, you got brake fluid, brake lines, caliper bolts, are the bleed nipples free

its a long walk home,if it does go to plan

Edited by Terzo Neil

I know it's off topic .... But I think it would be good idea to do some "workshop" meets?? Maybe where people could come along and see stage by stage simple jobs being done... For example fitting brembos ....I know I would anyway as I've got the tools but sometimes get a bit stuck doing it myself....it's a thought :)

Hope you get someone to help you out soon :)

As long as the spacer isn't too big it should be ok, loads of us use them. If your not to happy with spacers they could be used for a short time until you get wheels that fit. Do you know the offset of your wheels? You'll probably be fine m8.

johnny

I had 18" Innovite Tarmac that fitted over my Bug STi Brembos no problem, possibly same offset as yours.

I'd say give them a go, but have some cheap spacers handy to bung on as a last resort, and go easy if you do use the spacers until you get replacement wheels or a set of hubcentric spacers :driving: .

Edited by phil mc

Ta for all the advice guys, yeah workshop days would be a great idea, im fairly mechanically minded but due to living in a flat i have no appropriate place to jobs that require the jacking up of the car, ie no flat ground. Im fairly sure the wheels will fit but last resort is some 5 mm spacers. My brother in laws brother is going to do them for me (AA mechanic). Fingers crossed all goes well.

I know it's off topic .... But I think it would be good idea to do some "workshop" meets?? Maybe where people could come along and see stage by stage simple jobs being done... For example fitting brembos ....I know I would anyway as I've got the tools but sometimes get a bit stuck doing it myself....it's a thought :)

Hope you get someone to help you out soon :)

Great minds and all that. I was thinking the same thing problem would be where to do it to get maximum attendance. There was an offer of free alignment checks up here when ScoobyDoom was RO (Clark Motorsport were going to do it i think, might have to resurect that one) i was thinking of asking Polished Bliss if they would do a demonstration day to show how to give a car a decent detail. I'm sure if we could get a decent turn out to make it worth their while they'd be up for it.

Unbolt the old caliper and leave the brake hose connected and prop it out the way, bolt the brembo onto the hub and fit the wheel to check clearance that way you will know for sure that you wont have any problems and you wont have broke into the system. Its fine everyone saying they will fit but no one has asked what the offset is compared to their own wheels, chances are they will fit but for the sake of 5 mins its worth checking.

Great minds and all that. I was thinking the same thing problem would be where to do it to get maximum attendance. There was an offer of free alignment checks up here when ScoobyDoom was RO (Clark Motorsport were going to do it i think, might have to resurect that one) i was thinking of asking Polished Bliss if they would do a demonstration day to show how to give a car a decent detail. I'm sure if we could get a decent turn out to make it worth their while they'd be up for it.

Good idea - especially if it's in Aberdeen area and I'm nae away at work!

Maybe the first one could be to show how to fit suspension upgrades to a hatch? lol

I'd definitely be up for it cos I dinna trust mechanics or garages and would like to do more myself.

And hope you get yer problem sorted oot Baldobaz!

Good idea - especially if it's in Aberdeen area and I'm nae away at work!

Maybe the first one could be to show how to fit suspension upgrades to a hatch? lol

I'd definitely be up for it cos I dinna trust mechanics or garages and would like to do more myself.

And hope you get yer problem sorted oot Baldobaz!

Depends how many we could get, have to make it worth while for the places i'm looking at. There's a seperate thread for it add you're name to it and get us going.... :icon_salut: