testing the in car camera

thought after eventualy finding the drivers/programs and setuping up the in car camera , id test the qaulity of it and just do a wee jaunt down the road at the back of mine , camera is a year or so old and never actualy used it . so thought what the hell after work , bearing in mind it was 5pm and roads were a bit busy , but i just wanted to check the qaulity of it , could hear a rattle/clicking sound in play back but realised it the glass lense infront of the camera lense clicking against the outer case , which ive now done a lil DIY and fixed it . not the sharpest qaulity and got a little dark going from sunny to shaded areas but all in all it came out not to bad. and because i cant set the date and time without the original programe its stuck just a few years back lol . heres a cpl 5min clips from about 40 mins of footage . obviously click on the image to play the vid .

th_SUNP0008.jpg

2nd clipy

th_SUNP0011.jpg

Edited by thebigfelly

just watched them myself and seems realy slow, seriously before the jokes kick in , that was shot all at 60mph + will not comfirm or deny about reaching triple figures at certin points , but that looked realy slow, maybe something to do with 30Frames Per Second record i think it is

Was thinking id just use it for going on kames when i eventualy get on it,clyde tunnel runs,and any big convoys to meets wjen theres some spirited driving.

The main thing that did make me get it was i read a post about someone putting their scoob into a garage a cpl times and they noticed their mileage had went up by 10-18. But they had no proof. So they got one of those cams set up behimd rear veiw mirror so it was hidden. think they were getting an oil filter change or something like that and told the same garage there was to be no test drives unless he was present. He went away and came back a cpl hourd later and there was 50miles on the clock. Luckily he had the camera recording and when played back it showed the young mechanic had been reving the engine to fook in the garage and then went out on a joy ride picked up a cpl of his pals and hammered it about the back roads. So he went back to the garage with the footage and got the police involved to. Dont remember what the outcome was. Do know the young mechanic lost his job though. So made me think i wonder what garages do woth my car when im not there. high reving or road tests. But then ive not had any need to use it as i go to andy at RA in perth or had baz do work on it and trust them with my pride and joy.

Edited by thebigfelly

This would be your worst nightmare about your pride and joy! Thankfully I've got a Valet Map I can upload to the car in around 60 secs, and this basically limits the performance to buggery so there's no way the car can be revved or driven hard when in the garage :redcard: .

The hidden camera is def a good idea though :thumbs: .

Edited by phil mc

Just ordered one of those Roadhawk 2's with the 16gb card. Could lead to some nice footage from the fling! it'll come in handy for the half wits round Fochabers who have an inbuilt inability to use roundabouts properly/drive in general who keep trying to smash my car up with theirs! :driving:

Edited by davey l wrx

There's a vid of it here...

93 in a 70

65 in a 30

No Seatbelt

Holy crap! Under no circumstances should anyone on here be reccomended to go there! Infact I'd be considerign getting in touch with Subaru UK to have their newly found dealership recognition removed! As yet I havent head many good reports about them since they got the status. Only bad stuff.. :brickwall:

Ok the guy got sacked but it should never have happened in the first place, official dealerships should be trusted with you car, not have then thrashed more than an owner does!.. :hitler:

Just ordered one of those Roadhawk 2's with the 16gb card. Could lead to some nice footage from the fling! it'll come in handy for the half wits round Fochabers who have an inbuilt inability to use roundabouts properly/drive in general who keep trying to smash my car up with theirs! :driving:

Cool! Was looking at those a couple years back.. WHich pack did you go for? :thumbup:

Edited by ScoUK

Holy crap! Under no circumstances should anyone on here be reccomended to go there! Infact I'd be considerign getting in touch with Subaru UK to have their newly found dealership recognition removed! As yet I havent head many good reports about them since they got the status. Only bad stuff.. :brickwall:

Ok the guy got sacked but it should never have happened in the first place, official dealerships should be trusted with you car, not have then thrashed more than an owner does!.. :hitler:

Cool! Was looking at those a couple years back.. WHich pack did you go for? :thumbup:

http://www.hypershop.org/roadhawk-driver-safety-cameras/roadhawk-rh2-twin-camera-system.html

With the biggest 16gb card it'll take. Should be fine for what i need it for. Bit of fling footage and a safety net for just in case the worst happens. Obviously if i'm upside down in a ditch on fire and it was my fault the card can burn... if it was someone elses fault i'll get 3rd burns to proove it wasn't me! :icon_joker:

I'm sure i heard about the Youtube footage somewhere else and the mech was fired and the garage are still claiming it was a one off.... I'll stick with Clark Motorsport i think...

Well the RoadHawk arrived today. Had it installed in about 10 minutes with the cables tucked up into the roof lining and down behind the A-pillar and through the dash to reach the 12V supply to run it.

The system is easy to set up with all the info going onto the memory card which then runs the system. Updates are doen that way as well. It even has a readout for MPH on it once it's up and running. Took it for a quick blast and the picture quality for both cameras is good enough for me. Once i've used it for a while i'll probably stick up a review in the reviews section!

Well the RoadHawk arrived today. Had it installed in about 10 minutes with the cables tucked up into the roof lining and down behind the A-pillar and through the dash to reach the 12V supply to run it.

The system is easy to set up with all the info going onto the memory card which then runs the system. Updates are doen that way as well. It even has a readout for MPH on it once it's up and running. Took it for a quick blast and the picture quality for both cameras is good enough for me. Once i've used it for a while i'll probably stick up a review in the reviews section!

yeah was looking at the roadhawk footage from their site , looks very good and for tracking and gps etc etc .look forward to the review il stickl to the £14 cheapy one i got and its 8mb card lol :P

Edited by thebigfelly
  • 2 years later...