Pro-R TA340C

Jeez are Pro-R / Subaru / IM Group / Cross Roads havin a laugh?! Nae actually sure who is the brains behind the car or the pricing. I was all for the Pro-R brand during the build-up stage but 40 grand for 340 horses - they're havin a laugh surely?

That's more than the 400 PS Litchfield Type-20 and is encroaching into nearly-new Nissan GTR territory! And ye don't even get a sat-nav or a full set of the same Alcon brakes! WTF

I'm comin up for trade in time soon, and am ditherin which route to go - Pro-R are definitely helping me narrow my choices doon, that's for sure (and not in a good way).

Really lookin forward to seeing the Litcho type-25 when it's finally unveiled (will it ever be?).

subaru-ta340c.jpg

Current championship leading Time Attack team, Cross Roads, has released a stunning, strictly limited edition version of the latest Subaru STi saloon; the TA340C.

This stunning 4 door is hand-finished by the same technicians that created the Pro-R Racing Time Attack Subaru – a car that has dominated the Club Class of Time Attack this season. The TA340C uses many components and set-up techniques derived from the racecar, and with driver Jon Mathers being an integral part of the development process, balances exceptional performance with ‘real-world’ usability. The build spec and branding of the car has been endorsed by the UK Time Attack championship; the first car ever to receive this accolade.

Based on the 2011 MY 2.5 WRS Sti Saloon, the Pro-R Racing technicians have replaced many of the standard parts with motorsport quality alternatives from the Pro-R range, to enhance the entire driving experience. Despite the added edge of performance offered by this rather special Impreza, the TA340C still enjoys full manufacturer’s warranty, thanks to every part fitted being a Subaru-approved accessory. As the nomenclature suggests, the engine itself has been remapped to produce a prodigious 340 BHP, with improved torque characteristics and a subtly increased exhaust note, thanks to a bespoke Scorpion rear box, which is hand-crafted from aerospace grade T304 stainless steel.

As you might expect from a race outfit, handling is sublime, building on the already benign chassis of the STi and improving further still with the addition of stiffer, hollow Eibach anti-roll bars and subtly lower Eibach springs to create a chassis that still cossets during normal road driving, but rewards during hard cornering. This capable package is augmented by a full complement of SuperPro bushes which remove some of the compromise from the factory rubber bushes, without adversely affecting ride quality.

Braking comes from the race-proven Pro-R brake set-up by Alcon. Boasting 365mm semi-floating front discs and lightweight monobloc alloy calipers, these brakes inspire huge confidence when stopping from any speed.

Despite the ‘wish-list’ of additional componentry to please the most dynamically demanding driver, it’s the aesthetics that really set the TA340C apart from the standard STi. A flawlessly applied ‘Moondust’ body wrap tips its hat to the current supercar trend of satin finishes, yet needs none of the special attention associated with those high-maintenance hues. Indistinguishable from paint, it is augmented by the 19” Prodrive GT1 wheels, wrapped in the new Pirelli Trofeo tyres that have been developed for the 2012 Time Attack series. The final finishing touch is that most iconic of Impreza accessories, the high level OEM rear spoiler, complete with an especially strengthened boot lid. As well as looking the part, it also adds genuine downforce to aid stability once the car reaches high speed.

The TA340C is priced at £39,995 on the road. Only 15 will ever be produced and all come with individual numbered carbon plaque, bespoke carpet mats and discreet TA340C badging.

Additional options include

Alcon Rear Brake kit

Pioneer Navigation Upgrade

Speaker Upgrade

Sound Proofing Upgrade

For more information on the TA340C, visit subaruvehicles.co.uk.

http://www.easier.com/94718-cross-roads-limited-edition-subaru-ta340c.html

Edited by monsterenergy

Yeah sounds about right... DOnt think anyone has been too impressed with the Pro-R stuff pricewise.. No doubt good quality stuff but priced way OTT compared to other parts.. And as you say the TA340C isn't worth the money for what it is..

If I had that sort of money lying aroudn I'd be squeezing it up to a GT-R

Litchfield for me any day over that. Have they not learned from the joke pricing that was the Cosworth STI. Still a few of them up for sale that dealers can't shift and now they bring out another car for 10K less and 70-80 bhp less....

As for the Pro-R thing, everything seems to be about 20% overpriced when i've looked. If it's a Pro-R authorised Eibach spring set then surely a set of eibach springs from somewhere else are fine. You can guarantee that if they don't have a Pro-R tag on them Subaru won't honor a warranty....

Litchfield for me any day over that. Have they not learned from the joke pricing that was the Cosworth STI. Still a few of them up for sale that dealers can't shift and now they bring out another car for 10K less and 70-80 bhp less....

As for the Pro-R thing, everything seems to be about 20% overpriced when i've looked. If it's a Pro-R authorised Eibach spring set then surely a set of eibach springs from somewhere else are fine. You can guarantee that if they don't have a Pro-R tag on them Subaru won't honor a warranty....

I wonder how long until ye could phone up Subaru and they'll bite yer hand off for offering 40 grand for an unsellable CS400?

I downloaded the brochure just for a nosey and got emailed aboot 3 times by them lol

Edited by monsterenergy

Really lookin forward to seeing the Litcho type-25 when it's finally unveiled (will it ever be?).

I spoke to Iain about getting a 2.0ltr JDM Saloon over here for me ;) the high YEN against sterling, 20% VAT and Model reports has killed the import of "newer" cars. He said making little out of it, it be circa £37K IIRC

Make it a Type20 add Suspension exhaust etc = £40K ish

Make it a Type25 add cossy engine, brakes, seats etc and your at £50+K. ish

As you've already said, there is a lot of exotica out there in this price bracket ;) So I don't think the Type 25 will be "viable" as a limited run special edition. Although you supply a car he'll make one for you :thumbup:

I bought a cheaper UK car and just stick a cossy lump in it if it blows up :crying:

Tony

I really like how Subaru use the warranty angle as a selling point - while at the same time using it to put the fear into people who want to modify their car. Highlights the fact that the engine is on a knife edge so they dinnae do themselves any favours. I think it would be in their interest just to STFU about warranties... but better still, just sort the chocolate pistons oot and let us mod away!

And at 50+ grand ye reckon for a type-25 - I think I'll settle for Type-20 or a second hand GTR!

Edited by monsterenergy

LOL! you serious :icon_butt: :icon_butt: :icon_butt:

My missus has a Maserati 4200 Coupe Cambiocorsa (4.2L Ferrari Engine) - I enjoy being the sensible car owner in the family and never want to give up on Subaru's, wouldn't get my surfboard on the roof of a true sports car in any case :icon_joker:

It took me about 10 years of scrimping and saving and job changing till I was in a position to buy my first Subaru. My desire to become a Subaru owner kinda shaped my life from when I first drove one in around 2000, putting alot on the line back in about 2002 - quit a job and moved back to Aberdeen to try and get offshore work, all to own a Subaru. After 3 years I eventually managed to get offshore, and my Subaru aspirations kept jumping up in price little by little - but with newage STI's still just out my reach. So took another risk and quit a settled job to move to a job on a rig in a dangerous part of the world because I knew i would finally get me my Soob!

Anyway - so because of all that I feel emotionally attached to Subaru Impreza because it's played such a big part in determining how my life panned oot lol. GTR? Italian Supercar? No thanks :icon_flower:

My missus has a Maserati 4200 Coupe Cambiocorsa (4.2L Ferrari Engine) - I enjoy being the sensible car owner in the family and never want to give up on Subaru's, wouldn't get my surfboard on the roof of a true sports car in any case :icon_joker:

It took me about 10 years of scrimping and saving and job changing till I was in a position to buy my first Subaru. My desire to become a Subaru owner kinda shaped my life from when I first drove one in around 2000, putting alot on the line back in about 2002 - quit a job and moved back to Aberdeen to try and get offshore work, all to own a Subaru. After 3 years I eventually managed to get offshore, and my Subaru aspirations kept jumping up in price little by little - but with newage STI's still just out my reach. So took another risk and quit a settled job to move to a job on a rig in a dangerous part of the world because I knew i would finally get me my Soob!

Anyway - so because of all that I feel emotionally attached to Subaru Impreza because it's played such a big part in determining how my life panned oot lol. GTR? Italian Supercar? No thanks :icon_flower:

Wow you are a true Subaru enthusiast. If I were the owner of Fuji heavy industries and you would awake to a new JDM STI on your drive way in the morning :thumbup:

With you on that one mate!

I don’t think it is overpriced to be honest, basic car price 33k, brake upgrade 1800, wheels and tires 2k, suspension, exhaust, STi rear spoiler, performance upgrade, paintwork finish, limited edition and fully warranted. I don’t think this is over the odds at all. Yes its close to a secondhand GTR or a cossie but not everyone likes the hatch or can afford the running costs of a GTR, OK there is still the evo but having had 2 evos and 7 impreza's they are money pits and they have warranty issues too!

I think Crossroads are trying to offer something that is a bit different to what else is out there on the market for 35 - 45 year old who doesn’t want an M3 or an RS4. Not everyone wants a second hand car, nothing beats the new car smell!!

I have seen the car and it looks and drives fantastic and NO i do not work for Crossroads before anyone asks!!

I don’t think it is overpriced to be honest, basic car price 33k, brake upgrade 1800, wheels and tires 2k, suspension, exhaust, STi rear spoiler, performance upgrade, paintwork finish, limited edition and fully warranted. I don’t think this is over the odds at all. Yes its close to a secondhand GTR or a cossie but not everyone likes the hatch or can afford the running costs of a GTR, OK there is still the evo but having had 2 evos and 7 impreza's they are money pits and they have warranty issues too!

I think Crossroads are trying to offer something that is a bit different to what else is out there on the market for 35 - 45 year old who doesn’t want an M3 or an RS4. Not everyone wants a second hand car, nothing beats the new car smell!!

I have seen the car and it looks and drives fantastic and NO i do not work for Crossroads before anyone asks!!

Are you buying one then :)

Unfortunately not, I've just ordered a new saloon with the 320 upgrade. The bottom line was I didn't need anything that serious ( ie brakes, suspension etc ) for what I wanted but I did give it very serious thought.

Wont be long though ;) Pick yours up next tuesday :D

I just need 100 more horses :D

Tony

Wont be long though ;) Pick yours up next tuesday :D

I just need 100 more horses :D

Tony

Thursday hopefully

I keep telling myself I don't need any more horses, the plan is similar to yours all show and no go and use the bike for the track. But no doubt it will have a few tweaks by the time I come to get rid of it!!

Thursday hopefully

I keep telling myself I don't need any more horses, the plan is similar to yours all show and no go and use the bike for the track. But no doubt it will have a few tweaks by the time I come to get rid of it!!

LOL i'm just waiting for the Pro R warranty freindly goodies ;)

Unfortunately not, I've just ordered a new saloon with the 320 upgrade. The bottom line was I didn't need anything that serious ( ie brakes, suspension etc ) for what I wanted but I did give it very serious thought.

:thumbs: