Fed up driving an old shed!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White on gold is good - I have these wheels for mine - look good no?

CIMG5576.jpg

Very Baz!

Gold wheels are already on a long list of bits and pieces :lol:

Going to get a set of coilovers when i sell my old mondeo and get the ride height and handling sorted.

What suspension are you and Dave running?

I wouldn't fit coilovers but that's a personal choice. I have Whiteline springs (which I don't think are any different to standard tbh), standard shocks, Whiteline bars and links, ALK, RCA kit, steering rack bushes and adjustable top mounts front only. With camber bolts fitted to the rear I have a fast road set up to avoid eating tyres on the inside edge and the car sticks to the road like glue. Mega turn in.

The 2005 STi is stiff as **** as standard don't you think?

Not sure what Dave has on his.....

I wouldn't fit coilovers but that's a personal choice. I have Whiteline springs (which I don't think are any different to standard tbh), standard shocks, Whiteline bars and links, ALK, RCA kit, steering rack bushes and adjustable top mounts front only. With camber bolts fitted to the rear I have a fast road set up to avoid eating tyres on the inside edge and the car sticks to the road like glue. Mega turn in.

The 2005 STi is stiff as **** as standard don't you think?

Not sure what Dave has on his.....

I had much the same as above on my classic and there did feel like there was any body movement in the corners at all but this car feels like it leans in the corners more if that makes sense. Have you not any problems with the knocking struts?

Anyone who goes in mine always comments, without fail, on how flat it is in the corners - ARBs will solve that issue for you. You need to remember that the blob is at least 250kgs heavier than your classic - still keeping the interior lol?

I've had the knock. Took the struts off and stripped them down, nothing found and knock gone - since then the knock had came and went - I've never looked into the reasons behind or cures of but I can tell you one thing for sure, the actual shock absorbtion is not affected by the knock, they function perfectly. Perhaps if my shocks were all gubbed I'd consider coilovers but not when they are perfectly good.

Save your cash and fit PF front discs and pads - best mod to date for me I'd say ;)

They dont fit baz, the cars of the white ones year has a different pcd from the classic!

Ah bugger

White on gold is good - I have these wheels for mine - look good no?

CIMG5576.jpg

That looks superb :-)

Save your cash and fit PF front discs and pads - best mod to date for me I'd say ;)

Any of you Subaru guys use Carbotech Pads? I had PF discs and pads on the Evo and thought they were good initially (compared to the std Brembo pads) but then once I got used to them I started to think they felt a bit wooden. Changed to XP8's (with K-Sports) and the difference is night and day. Loads of guys on MLR running XP8's / XP10's with the std Brembo calipers think they are fantastic.

I like I like and in the right colour :icon_salut: you kept that one quiet paul, will be good to see you at some of the central meets now and back in the subaru fold. :driving:

Kept it quiet Brian just in case it got snapped up before i could get to it, they are pretty rare in this colour and i didnt think it would hang about. I am looking forward to getting along to some meets now and catching up with all the old / new faces. :thumbup:

I wont make Alford as i hadnt realised that its T in park weeked! Ive got an appointment with Beyonce's ar$e :beer: :beer: :rotfl:

ive got BC coilovers Paul with front and rear adjustable top mounts and whiteline anti lift kit - rear anti roll bar and drop links coming soon. can meet up some time and you can have a shot as i know coilovers arent to everyones taste but i love them

and say hi to Beyonce's arse for me next weekend :P

ive got BC coilovers Paul with front and rear adjustable top mounts and whiteline anti lift kit - rear anti roll bar and drop links coming soon. can meet up some time and you can have a shot as i know coilovers arent to everyones taste but i love them

and say hi to Beyonce's arse for me next weekend :P

Cheers Dave! I was going ask how harsh the ride is and then mention Beyonce's arse again but that would just be wrong :icon_butt:

I had Brembo's on the WRX, and fitted DBA5000 discs and bells with DS2500 pads, absolutely awesome but no real difference in price to anyone else's quality set-up.

I've been out in both Tein and BC suspended cars, and neither set-up came close to the KW's. It's just a shame that big Diesel Hands isn't here any more, as the set-up is on his Terzo now.

When it comes to mods for your own car, I'm a firm believer in afford the best that you can.

I had a short term loan of Wuz's bugeye not too long ago, its running KW coilovers (not sure what else) but it drove very well, was firm but not crashy. I felt the KW's were a much nicer set up on the road than the BC's in BrianM's car which I've also had the pleasure to drive.

yea id really like to try KW's with a view to putting them on when the bc's give up the ghost - however in the bang for buck category the bc's have excelled,when i got them they were just under 500 delivered with front and rear top mounts,adjustable damping and the extendy bits for adjusting the rears, compared to best part of 2000 for equivalent kw's it was no contest!

and after kames on saturday i really cant recomend AP racing 6 pots enough, though the performance friction pads and discs on Dels hatch did seem to do a pretty damn good job too.

Glyn i would loved to have came up to Alford but i have a prior engagement with Beyonce's rear at T in the Park. I managed to get some special tickets for my self and my daughter ( her sixteenth birthday ) so i will hopefully be unfit to drive.

Dave i am working loads of weekends that i would normally be off just now as its our summer holiday cover period so i cant make any of the next few shows :(

I managed to get us V.I.P tickets through a friend, so we get clean toilets and a bar without the need to buy tokens, i think it will more than likely be a "z" list area rather than V.I.P though.