Fed up driving an old shed!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Taking shape Paul lovely car, I would think twice about fitting coilovers mine were OK on track but driving around our wonderful roads in central region ruined the whole driving experience for me I got to the stage where I actually cringed every time I drove the car.

Taking shape Paul lovely car, I would think twice about fitting coilovers mine were OK on track but driving around our wonderful roads in central region ruined the whole driving experience for me I got to the stage where I actually cringed every time I drove the car.

Cheers Bobby i have done a bit reading and i have went off them! I am just going to get some springs and half the whiteline catalog :headbang:

I also have a lead on the mirrors ;) ( did you see the price of them on that website you sent me :o )

I got it from scoobyworld, it wasnt cheap but my rear end was turning yellow :lol:

too much curry eh :P

if you want to meet up some time you can have a shot of my coilover sprung beasty to see what you think - i reckon mine rides better than with the prodrive springs, but Barrys car doesnt seem to suffer with whiteline springs mind you :icon_pray:

i reckon mine rides better than with the prodrive springs, but Barrys car doesnt seem to suffer with whiteline springs mind you :icon_pray:

:iagree: I went down the Prodrive route with my WRX and although noticable improvement over standard springs the higher tension was just eating the dampers. Got BC coilovers last year and absolutely brilliant! But setting up the dampers for personal preference is key, YOu can't just slap them on and forget about it.. good idea to find the sweet spots on them..

I ran the car into work driving the same way on teh same bit of road making small adjustments to the settings each day.. Even a coupel clicks of can change the way the car handles.. I seem to have a totally different setting to every one else havign it quite soft at the front and stiff at the rear. Perhaps that just suits my driving, but also partly a combination of other parts on the car.. Either way, the car turns in much sharper that it's ever done and stays much more stuck that it used to! I started off having the dampers set about the same front and rear to others who've had them fitted and found the car understeered like an absolute pig compared to how it runs now! One of the disadvantags on havign somethign adjustable.. YOu need to adjust it correctly, and there's no off the shelf right or wrong answer to what the right settings are. Each car/driver will be different :icon_salut:

Anyway, back on topic, That's a really tasty looking hawkeye Blobeye :wub:

Edited by ScoUK

:iagree: I went down the Prodrive route with my WRX and although noticable improvement over standard springs the higher tension was just eating the dampers. Got BC coilovers last year and absolutely brilliant! But setting up the dampers for personal preference is key, YOu can't just slap them on and forget about it.. good idea to find the sweet spots on them..

I ran the car into work driving the same way on teh same bit of road making small adjustments to the settings each day.. Even a coupel clicks of can change the way the car handles.. I seem to have a totally different setting to every one else havign it quite soft at the front and stiff at the rear. Perhaps that just suits my driving, but also partly a combination of other parts on the car.. Either way, the car turns in much sharper that it's ever done and stays much more stuck that it used to! I started off having the dampers set about the same front and rear to others who've had them fitted and found the car understeered like an absolute pig compared to how it runs now! One of the disadvantags on havign somethign adjustable.. YOu need to adjust it correctly, and there's no off the shelf right or wrong answer to what the right settings are. Each car/driver will be different :icon_salut:

Anyway, back on topic, That's a really tasty looking hawkeye :wub:

Damn this just adds to the confussion lol

and its a Bob :P

Cheers for the info though.

That looks great! I love white 05 STIs. Almost bought one when I got my P1, rare things.

Cheers! And yes it would seem very rare, i am trying to find out numbers but having difficulty as there are so few! Ive seen one other one on scoobynet but thats it. I will have a chat with scoobyseller and see what he can find out.