What would you do!

As a few of you know, I've been thinking for a wee while about selling the RA as I'm just not getting enough use of it (well not as much as I want!) ie couldn't make Kames yesterday and sooooooooooooo wanted too :crying: and can't afford to go on any of the runs or to Alford :( and currently really only making it to a few shows ie Knockhill and Magnificent Machines.

The question is, do I sit it out until finances are better (the RA owes me nothing so I could just park it up!) or sell the RA and the daily commute and buy one car that meets my needs but I can have fun with ie an Impreza Wagon or a Forester turbo? :driving:

Simple question, if it was you what would you do?

Sit it out mate! You would regret selling it later and never get another one as clean! Leave it unused in the garage as its not costing you anything ( other than insurance ) parked up!

I knew I would get that answer from you mate ;) Its just bloody frustrating me that I cant be out there using it when I want to.

Are you waiting until next year before yours rolls out again?

I knew I would get that answer from you mate ;) Its just bloody frustrating me that I cant be out there using it when I want to.

Yeah mines is in hibernation till at least next year. I will be coming up to the wheel meet to catch with all the old faces :)

The thing is at least the ra is there when you want to use how ever little that is, if you sell it then your stuck dressing as a power ranger to get your kicks :P

I know how you feel m8, there are quite a few people leaving their cars in the garage for at least this year. I even cancelled the insurance on mine (if anyone can take it i'd be seriously impressed). I've asked myself the same question loads of times but if you can, hold onto it as good early cars are getting rare.

Johnny

Edited by JohnnyR6

I know how you feel m8, there are quite a few people leaving their cars in the garage for at least this year. I've asked myself the same question loads of times but if you can, hold onto it as good early cars are getting rare.

Johnny

Thanks Johnny :icon_salut: I know if I sell it I deffo wont find another in the same condition so, might just have to do as you and Paul have.

Bloody annoying though eh!

Well hello there Gus.

The dilema get us all.If it owes you nothing then hold on to the clean example you have currently and you never know as one day it may even make you money as these classics are getting rarer.

But if finances are tight then the only option is to sell up.

Count yourself lucky tho as your is still running and can be driven out anytime you feel so.

If you only use it in the 'summer' six months Gus, then there are only 3 months of that left and then it would be parked anyway! Keep a hold of it bud, unless you need the cash - it's a buyer's market though so that won't be an easy way out either!

keep it Gus, youl regret it at some point if you sell it - i think its a reasonable price your after considering the car and its condition but think youd struggle in the current market :(

been tempted by a fozzy sti myself but looks like a newish 4x4 is going to eat the s3 and all my funds up :(

Well I've made my mind up today and the RA is staying put and will get used when I can :driving:

Thanks all for your input (well apart from Deldo :icon_butt:;):lol: ) it is very much appreciated :occasion14:

Gus, I've been going throught he same........recently started a new job (still in the Navy) but not using the car a fraction of how much as I used to, partly due to fuel costs, partly due to getting the time.

I was considering selling mine until I thought about the time and money I've spent on it and the laughs I've had driving it and decided to keep it and just drive it when it when I can.

Mines been parked up for over a year now, it owes me nothing and i'd get next to nothing for it as it's a scabby uk turbo but it's never missed a beat in 7 years so i've figured it'll stay put until i can afford to run it again.

So i'll go with the general view and say keep it.

Glad to hear that you have decided to keep it, although I know exactly what you mean about not being able to afford to go to stuff, or even just other things getting in the way of you being able to use it, as You said, it owes you nothing, and lets be fair about this, how much would you have gotten for it these days, even with yours being a minter and all...

Thing is too, it'll make no sense in buying a fozzy or a wagon, because lets face it, neither of those cars will give you as much fun, and you will still spend just as much on running them, admittedly, if you were looking to ditch a car that would be cheaper, but I'm surprised that you got shot of the other C1...

• 3 months later...