Should I buy.........

I would say that hatch as from experience it will piss over the spec c all day long.

If i didn't like the hatch as much i would have bought the spec c as i was looking at them too

That's a 330r not a 330s, big difference!

Edited by StrikE

Once again chiming in with a hatch when its not an option, anyone would think you designed it! :lol:

It is an option! as posted by OP

I fail to see where a 330R pisses on a hawk spec C, feel free to nlighten the masses :)

My own opinion from personal experience living with both cars, opinions was asked for & i gave it!

The 330R wasnt an option, you werent comparing eggs with eggs...

Why is it not an option man, the posted link is for a 330s but it's been miss sold as a 330s where in fact it's actually a 330R. It also looks like from the back the chancers have stuck a 330s badge on too. That's a main dealer, mental!

Is that legal?

Ok, so in your experience. Why is the 330S better then the Spec C?

Not having a pop here Del, just interested. :)

I just think people have really given the new shape a bad rep, regardless of trim level. Ok there is a problem with the pistons on some cars & Subaru have moved away from the main stream direction the Impeza used to take. Not a lot we can do with that, but in keeping with modern times they designed a new shaped car. Utterly different from past marques to the horror of some folks :)

You can't even buy an Impreza new now as its been changed to STI or something like that!

The standard STI i had last year could just about keep up with most as a standard car (suspension wise) compared to others running coileovers & uprated springs, arbs, drop links and geometry.

Just the way they have redesigned the suspension layout on the hatch it is completely different.

I have & always will prefer a hatch to a saloon in any make of car purely for the simplistic versatility the hatchback gives over a tiny awkward boot. Living with 3 kids and a wife takes up loadsa room :)

I like the updated interior trim also, again comparing the two i think the hawk is dated. That is in now way making any derogatory comments to hawk owners in anyway. Bearing in mind they are both value plasticy compared to Audi or BMW.

I will be first to admit & that bugga Andy keeps reminding me i thought the hatch when it came out was the ugliest fooking thing on 4 wheels that graced the planet :blush: I did say that, i admit it.

I just like the cars & i cant really type here what i am trying to say AND no doubt some dafty will come along and ''edit for accuracy''

I don't think you were having a pop as you rightly asked about what i said :thumbup: if i have missed anything post up buddy

Spec-C all day mate

As much as the hatches are growing on me (only caus my gf wants one) they are not my cup of tea. I own a classic and there is nothing more that satisfies me than working on my own car with the kind of basic tools the average car enthusiast has in his garage. I don't want to have to take my car to the main dealer and plug a computer in just to change the brake pads, and walk out feeling like I've just been violated

But obviously this is just my own opinion, others out there I'm sure will disagree and are welcome to their own points of view

Back to the subject in hand...I do however think that other than the late classics, the blob eye and the hawk eye kind of retain the classic shape in some respects and for me are the nicest looking of 'modern' styling

got to say depends on what your using it for Paul, for me itd probably be the spec c but then my cars a toy these days, as an everyday car for family duties and to still put a smile on your face and embarras stuff the hatch. having followed Glyn up to Alford on his standard suspension hatch it did seem pretty damn well planted

or quite possibly option c, hatch jdm pec c complete with 8k redline,mmmmmmm :)

thought you were getting the hawk boosted up to big boys league though?

got to say depends on what your using it for Paul, for me itd probably be the spec c but then my cars a toy these days, as an everyday car for family duties and to still put a smile on your face and embarras stuff the hatch. having followed Glyn up to Alford on his standard suspension hatch it did seem pretty damn well planted

or quite possibly option c, hatch jdm pec c complete with 8k redline,mmmmmmm :)

thought you were getting the hawk boosted up to big boys league though?

Was just surfin the net when I cam accross the Spec C, had a look at the hatch.........was just wondering......

The wife hates hatches so its probably not a goer, spend money on the Hawk(the wife uses it more than me)? Trade in the jeep and get a spec C Hawk?

Why is it not an option man, the posted link is for a 330s but it's been miss sold as a 330s where in fact it's actually a 330R. It also looks like from the back the chancers have stuck a 330s badge on too. That's a main dealer, mental!

Is that legal?

Fair cop - you were right, I was wrong.

I just think people have really given the new shape a bad rep, regardless of trim level. Ok there is a problem with the pistons on some cars & Subaru have moved away from the main stream direction the Impeza used to take. Not a lot we can do with that, but in keeping with modern times they designed a new shaped car. Utterly different from past marques to the horror of some folks :)

You can't even buy an Impreza new now as its been changed to STI or something like that!

The standard STI i had last year could just about keep up with most as a standard car (suspension wise) compared to others running coileovers & uprated springs, arbs, drop links and geometry.

Just the way they have redesigned the suspension layout on the hatch it is completely different.

I have & always will prefer a hatch to a saloon in any make of car purely for the simplistic versatility the hatchback gives over a tiny awkward boot. Living with 3 kids and a wife takes up loadsa room :)

I like the updated interior trim also, again comparing the two i think the hawk is dated. That is in now way making any derogatory comments to hawk owners in anyway. Bearing in mind they are both value plasticy compared to Audi or BMW.

I will be first to admit & that bugga Andy keeps reminding me i thought the hatch when it came out was the ugliest fooking thing on 4 wheels that graced the planet :blush: I did say that, i admit it.

I just like the cars & i cant really type here what i am trying to say AND no doubt some dafty will come along and ''edit for accuracy''

I don't think you were having a pop as you rightly asked about what i said :thumbup: if i have missed anything post up buddy

Its your opinion and fair enough. I would still prefer the Spec C... :)