Highland Fling banter thread-Hotel details added!

Another Fab weekend, great weather, great roads, great company myself & Mags had a ball, big big thanks to everyone who helped organise things & took part, the old ford averaged 27.5 mpg over the weekend, bad bit is the RA has to go to the scooby doctor tomorrow to get checked out for damage more ££££££ssss

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like it was another great success!! WEll done everyone!

Although what's this about cars nearly ending up in the drink! :o

Here's a few piccies from Saturday Morning..

IMG_3632.JPG

Bling all round :dunce:

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

IMG_3660.JPG

Group shots:

IMG_3640.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_3659.JPG

IMG_3661.JPG

Spot the difference: :whistle:

IMG_3642.JPG

Shame you guys decided to take the alternative shorter route out of the car park.. Had a video recording for the exit of all the cars in convoy.. But you took the other way out :brickwall:

More piccies here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/scouk.net/SIDCHighlandFling2011Inverness?feat=directlink

Edited by ScoUK

Another Fab weekend, great weather, great roads, great company myself & Mags had a ball, big big thanks to everyone who helped organise things & took part, the old ford averaged 27.5 mpg over the weekend, bad bit is the RA has to go to the scooby doctor tomorrow to get checked out for damage more ££££££ssss

What is wrong with the RA mate ?????

My thanks too for all the organising :iagree: .

Had a blast this weekend and only one engine management fault.

A few things to sort out before next year - number one being the rear shocks :boldblue: and maybe getting the rear arches rolled out a wee bit too. My Goodyears started out as 225's but I suspect there down to 215's with all the shaving they got on the last single track stage :wacko:

Take care all.

Corrie

thanks for all the kind words folks :)

was great to see you again Al, especially looking well - and i love the pic of the run sticker sparkling through my spoiler :D

my top tip from the weekend is to keep away from an angry Cathy with a fork!!!! :chairfall:

thanks for all the kind words folks :)

was great to see you again Al, especially looking well - and i love the pic of the run sticker sparkling through my spoiler :D

my top tip from the weekend is to keep away from an angry Cathy with a fork!!!! :chairfall:

LOL :rotfl: it was the waiters face when he thought I meant his knee :lol: :lol:

What is wrong with the RA mate ?????

Strange knocking noise from under the bonnet revealed the crankshaft pulley wheel was wobbling around, securing nut had come loose, glad it happened in the driveway & not on the run, car will get checked out tomorrow at Duncs

Dave well done to all who organized the weekend great roads great weather great banter food not to bad,not to many stone chips,helps if you are leading group 2. James sorry about the chip in your windscreen,again brilliant weekend. MY TOP TIP FOR THE WEEKEND WOULD BE SHARON AND MAGGIE ANSWER THE FECKING PHONE :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: ps my navigator's legs are sore using his imaginary brake,know anyone who can take the dents out the footwell ???

Strange knocking noise from under the bonnet revealed the crankshaft pulley wheel was wobbling around, securing nut had come loose, glad it happened in the driveway & not on the run, car will get checked out tomorrow at Duncs

Hope it is not too bad Bobby :thumbup:

Great weekend with cracking roads / food / banter with the usual suspects and a few new faces too.

As it may have been mentioned above above it was a shame we had a small incident with the bike (GSXR 750 actually...not that it resembled one when we laid eyes on it). But cest la vie, and at least no one was hurt (and I was stationary at the time!). I'm not going to put pictures up publicly just now but feel free to add me to Facebook where they will be viewable. I'd appreciate if other with pictures respect that until all the formalities are taken care of.

Edited by BrianM

as everyone has said it was an a great weekend, the weather, the banter, the roads and the company. hope i didn't miss much after john ogroats hit the road home early, was 750.5 miles and 170 litres of fuel according to my so so maths :)

only had one moment, a slight losing of the rear on the way to kylesku but thankfully not enough to affect my own rear end. shall teach me to chase tam :driving::rolleyes:

between friday night and monday morning i'd fitted in 36 hours sleep the rest of the time was driving and drinking fluids.

I'm just home and looking at the the info pack kindly given to my girlfriend and her mother at the Vue cinema, thanks for making them feel welcome :thumbup: i missed out on a great weekend by the looks of it with some of my favorite roads, hopefully next year!

Mike

Good weekend, learnt plenty about my car and my own limitations!! seems to be mainly bottle or lack of it and self preservation. Car was brilliant even on crap tyres and standard everything else. A few of you asked whether I would modify anything but after further discussion the argument about diminishing returns sounded very sensible.

Now the dust has settled (literally) I may well be looking at a wee tinker and am wanting some advise;

car is currently '05 WRX PPP with Godspeed brake upgrade. If tuning to "stage one" ie cheaper quick gains how does a panel filter and I think decat downpipe sound?

Was advised over the weekend about loads of options and am grateful to all for that, they ranged from braided brake lines to just buy an STI.

Any thought folks, not too technical for me please.

Good weekend, learnt plenty about my car and my own limitations!! seems to be mainly bottle or lack of it and self preservation. Car was brilliant even on crap tyres and standard everything else. A few of you asked whether I would modify anything but after further discussion the argument about diminishing returns sounded very sensible.

Now the dust has settled (literally) I may well be looking at a wee tinker and am wanting some advise;

car is currently '05 WRX PPP with Godspeed brake upgrade. If tuning to "stage one" ie cheaper quick gains how does a panel filter and I think decat downpipe sound?

Was advised over the weekend about loads of options and am grateful to all for that, they ranged from braided brake lines to just buy an STI.

Any thought folks, not too technical for me please.

If I was to start again the first thing I would do is improve the brakes and handling before touching the engine. A VF35 from an sti and a partial decat and a panel filter and then re-map should see you with 300+ and improved MPG and still MOT friendly :)

If I was to start again the first thing I would do is improve the brakes and handling before touching the engine. A VF35 from an sti and a partial decat and a panel filter and then re-map should see you with 300+ and improved MPG and still MOT friendly :)

Which part of exhaust, decat downpipe? Which panel filter? Would I need a remap? Prodrive pack has mild remap I think! Dont want to lower car so any options?

Would i notice difference and in what way? Like the idea of better consumption (in theory).

Thanks

Hi Mike, shame you couldnt make it especially with the weather we got! but glad your other half popped down with the car, was great to see a hawk spec c, absolutely gorgeous! and we did try and persuade her to join us anyway :lol:

glad you enjoyed it Myles, think we can all agree that the cars have a lot more capability than the drivers!

think if you look at whiteline anti roll bars and drop links, possibly an anti lift kit(which basically helps the angle of the tyres on the road thereby cutting on understeer) and a good fast road geometry setup would make a surprising difference for a relatively modest outlay. though you can set coilovers to any height you want so could keep stock ride height but with better dampers and springs ;)

green panel filters seem to work well and with the PPP your car should already be pretty well decatted, a remap as is would probably eek out 10-12 hp, combine it with a second hand sti turbo and injectors as Ciaran said and youd be comfortably over 300 without stretching reliability or drivability :)

Hi Mike, shame you couldnt make it especially with the weather we got! but glad your other half popped down with the car, was great to see a hawk spec c, absolutely gorgeous! and we did try and persuade her to join us anyway :lol:

glad you enjoyed it Myles, think we can all agree that the cars have a lot more capability than the drivers!

think if you look at whiteline anti roll bars and drop links, possibly an anti lift kit(which basically helps the angle of the tyres on the road thereby cutting on understeer) and a good fast road geometry setup would make a surprising difference for a relatively modest outlay. though you can set coilovers to any height you want so could keep stock ride height but with better dampers and springs ;)

green panel filters seem to work well and with the PPP your car should already be pretty well decatted, a remap as is would probably eek out 10-12 hp, combine it with a second hand sti turbo and injectors as Ciaran said and youd be comfortably over 300 without stretching reliability or drivability :)

Thanks Dave,

Where is my nearest recommended for geometry set up? I wasnt aware of ppp exhaust removing any of the standard cats, just read that a decat downpipe would give 20-30 bhp alone! Anyone fancy a stage 1,2,3 etc tuning options breakdown list for the uninitiated in this wonderful science.

Cheers

Anyone fancy a stage 1,2,3 etc tuning options breakdown list for the uninitiated in this wonderful science.

Cheers

Andy Forrest woudl be you man there :thumbup:

http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/58901.html

PPP is already close to what's classed as Stage one.. But it is an off the shelf item.. Not Tuned specifically for your car or drivign style.. A bespoke remap would sort that out

The above link shoudl give you an idea of what options are avaialble.. ;)

well a week on am i safe to assume no one got pics of my wee chat with the furrener in the corsa then? :D

Pray tell Dave ,i being a mere peasant could not attend such fancyfull events .Please make a poor boy happy and divulge the secrets of "The Fling " :hello:

Kenny