Highland Fling banter thread-Hotel details added!

"My AP racing clutch will be fine" he said...

Anyone able to tow a trailer for when Ciaran carks it in Wick?

Showing your lack of knowledge when you think the release bearing and the AP clutch are the same thing :icon_hang: The clutch is braw and good for at least another 2k lol :icon_fU:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"My AP racing clutch will be fine" he said...

Anyone able to tow a trailer for when Ciaran carks it in Wick?

Showing your lack of knowledge when you think the release bearing and the AP clutch are the same thing :icon_hang: The clutch is braw and good for at least another 2k lol :icon_fU:

And after my stupid comment the problem is.................................... the pressure plate ie. Clutch :rolleyes:

Just wondering i need shell as the car only runs vpower and methanol and other stuff, got plenty of methanol on board what's the score with vpower soz if this question has been raised already ?

I require Shell as well but it may no be available so what you can do is just add 1 bottle of octane booster 2 97 ron and it raises the octane to 99 :)

hi Chris, inverness has vpower and tesco 99 after that theres 2 stops that have 98 ron fuel, il be using that with a bottle of octane booster per tank just to be sure. if you read the first post in the thread in events it gives you mileages per day. on saturday theres a possible top up stop after about 40 miles for those with a teeny range like Ciaran :D

Yeah? But she's referring to the old pick ups that all farmers used to have!!

She'll be gob smacked when she sees a modded Impreza! Then faint when she catches sight of the hatch ;)

Seeing as the hatches will OBVIOUSLY be at the back of the pack :P thats when she will funnily enough run out of fuel batteries :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

well thats it over for another year :( but what a weekend, awesome weather, amazing roads and fantastic company - huge huge thanks to everyone who came along and made it such a great event, without you guys banter it just wouldnt happen :icon_joker:

well done to all the new faces for surving to the end too!

so far awards go to ciaran for first breakdown, joint award for first heart stopping overtake moment to del and ciaran, biggest moment of the weekend to Glyn and also tryer of the weekend for being a front runner in the legacy and special mention to Brian for hood ornament of the weekend with a vfr http://forums.sidc.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif

Top weekend I'll be back for the next one....

Hopefully in an STI by then...

Great roads and great drive. First time I've thrown the car around like that, learned alot about the car and how it handles. Me and the wench had a great weekend cheers everyone!

excellent weekend dave well done mate , a top weekend from start to finish ,top tips

If your going to understeer on dusty roads prepare yourself and dont s++t yourself or your going into a loch .... me

If your going to lock yourself out your car wae the keys in it, have your spare keys handy.... james

Be careful of those blind fu**ers on bikes that want to jump into your car

cracking weekend

kenny

well thats it over for another year :( but what a weekend, awesome weather, amazing roads and fantastic company - huge huge thanks to everyone who came along and made it such a great event, without you guys banter it just wouldnt happen :icon_joker:

well done to all the new faces for surving to the end too!

so far awards go to ciaran for first breakdown, joint award for first heart stopping overtake moment to del and ciaran, biggest moment of the weekend to Glyn and also tryer of the weekend for being a front runner in the legacy and special mention to Brian for hood ornament of the weekend with a vfr http://forums.sidc.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/rotfl.gif

Breakdown???? A lack of boost for 20 miles or so mearly slowed me slightly and then it fixed itself :)

Had a superb weekend covered 680 miles

which works out as 14mpg average :rotfl:

Thankyou to everybody who helped organise everything and if you require any help with organising next years just give me a shout I would be glad to help.

As for Brian well what can we say realy SCOOBIES 1 BIKERS 0

Just uploading pics now :)