the death pedal courtesy of EBC yellow stuff

Today i took the deathstar out for its first run somewhere.

the twisties followed long straights and as you can imagine i needed stopping power in a hurry, often.

the pedal felt almost jammed in place a lot of the time with nothing happening.

no ability to stop fast at all

infact, at one point i almost had to stand on them to make them stop.

so....

having used mintex 1144, yellow stuff abc, red stuff abc and standard newage pads, what advice and where can i get some good pads for the RB320 please?

ill probably change the brake fluid at the same time.

tomorrow ideally

Edited by GUMBALL

how did you get on with the m1144 chris?

i will never use ebc after going through a red set in 3k about five years ago and they didnt do the discs much good either. I fixed a pals car in the summer with ebc yellow and thought they were quite wooden when testing it.

have also used ds2500 and m1155. the ds2500 overheated on a wet knockhill and the m1155 i used over a winter, where tbh i dont think i was generating enough heat and wasnt getting full use of them.

i think a lot will depend if car is daily driver or only used for a blast?

thanks for all the feedback. much appreciated.

soundie made a good point. could the fluid be cooked?

pads were put on the car not long before the engine rebuild, so they have done 1500miles or so and performed like shat el arab from the off.

hmmmmmmm

i think from memory the 1144s did squeek and i liked it cos they worked so well aside from this.

maybe i should get the fluid checked? this possible?

ps- mullac, i dont really understand your grammer there lol

thanks for all the feedback. much appreciated.

soundie made a good point. could the fluid be cooked?

pads were put on the car not long before the engine rebuild, so they have done 1500miles or so and performed like shat el arab from the off.

hmmmmmmm

i think from memory the 1144s did squeek and i liked it cos they worked so well aside from this.

maybe i should get the fluid checked? this possible?

ps- mullac, i dont really understand your grammer there lol

I doubt the fluid would be cooked Chris, unless you were driving like a fcuking madman mile after mile, I have cooked my brake fluid before but that was on a trackday and I wouldent think you would be pushing anywhere near as hard as that on the open road?

i really liked the mintex 1144s with standard discs and braided lines, the setup ive got now is ferodo ds2500's and godspeed 2 piece discs and im very unimpressed with them... as soon as funds allow its bigger caliper time for me but then i ten to be on the brakes all the time,little old lady that i am ;)

the setup ive got now is ferodo ds2500's and godspeed 2 piece discs and im very unimpressed with them...

Similar set up to mine (apart from the AP calipers) and I actually think it's pretty good, the pads and discs wear well and provide decent stopping even from cold, Godspeed used to give a full years warranty on his discs thats including trackdays as well (dont know if he still does though)

I see godspeed do kits rather than pads only? maybe mistaken.

best price i can find so far is £160 delivered in a day from camskill, for front and rear 1144s

Scott swore by performance friction, said they were outstanding., he was harsh on his brakes, like you are. The hotter your pads make standard discs, the more chance you stand of warping the discs.

Edited by Wilky

godspeed offer a years warranty but try using it - i know of 2 other members on here who like me have vibration issues as soon as theres any heat in the discs and godspeeds response is take the discs off and send them back so we can check them.

may just be a faulty batch but considering how much i spent on them they dont perform as well as the standard discs with the mintex pads

having been in badbaz's car at kames i can say the performance friction pads and discs do work very well

I would recommend Performance Friction Z compond, these are about the best all round pad for Brembo's. I use these on the race RA and my road car and I have tried several other makes and componds and nothing has come close for all round performance. As stated above Alyn at AS performance always has good deals on them if you mention SIDC :thumbup: