the death pedal courtesy of EBC yellow stuff

I would recommend Performance Friction Z compond, these are about the best all round pad for Brembo's. I use these on the race RA and my road car and I have tried several other makes and componds and nothing has come close for all round performance. As stated above Alyn at AS performance always has good deals on them if you mention SIDC :thumbup:

Have to agree,got a great deal and fast service from them :thumbup: Great advice too ,called Alyn when i had no mod's and just my four pots,looking to get better disc's and pads at the time and when i asked for some thing like Brembo disc's he told me i did not need them at the power level the car was running.He could have taken the £ for them but he gave sound advice as to what would be best (not the cheapest) and it/he saved me money.

When i did phone for pads for my Brembo calipers ,he suggested the PF Z pads .I asked for the DS2500 and was told that the PF worked better at higher temps and they were cheaper too.

I did get the Godspeed groved disc's from the SN group buy £100 together with the £115 for the pads ,not a bad deal :thumbup:

Kenny

Edited by kennyuk300

your post yesterday went up whilst i was out of the house and I made a decision to get something I new worked. If i have issues with them, i will get the PF next time. thanks for the help :icon_rendeer:

No worries was being flippant the PF pads are not the cheapest to be fair :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

just wanted to raise this thread from the dead to say that I now hate my DS2500's. The new ones I put on started leaving deposits of themselves upon my discs causing shuddering when hot. Until I rub down my discs properly I can feel them acting a little uncertain under hardish braking.

Anyone want to buy some DS2500's almost completely new? :biggrinsanta:

i want to get myself those PF's.

Chris.

just wanted to raise this thread from the dead to say that I now hate my DS2500's. The new ones I put on started leaving deposits of themselves upon my discs causing shuddering when hot. Until I rub down my discs properly I can feel them acting a little uncertain under hardish braking.

Anyone want to buy some DS2500's almost completely new? :biggrinsanta:

i want to get myself those PF's.

Chris.

Alyn at AS performance actually steered me away from Ferodo 2500 and told me to get a set of Pagid ???? pads instead. Fitted them yesterday so will see how they feel once bedded in

would that be the Pagid RS29s?

yeah I was told about them, let me know how you find them! :occasion14:

Not a clue still got the box so will check tomorrow for ya. Will keep you updated on how i find the Pagid's. To be honest i found the Ferodo 2500's crap not particular bite but the pads were pretty old and had been through god knows how many heat cycles, the practically fell apart when i took them off

Must defend my 2500s here. No complaints whatsoever. RA in Perth agree.

TBH probably not a lot to call between em... Pagids ain't the cheapest though... I know cheaper is not better, but there is an element of diminishing returns to be considered too!

Pagids were £195 and Ferodo's were £230

It actually rather unlike me to buy the cheapest of something but I

don't need brakes they are for proofs :icon_butt: