That Time of Year Again

Well insurance is due for the GB on the 28th been with A Plan last couple of years, all MODs declared normally around the £500 mark fully comp protected & the RA is with Keith Michaels £350 fully comp

This year A Plan want £625 as insurance rates have gone up on average by 30 percent,

Tried go compare which now has a facility to declare MOD's & it came back with a price of £338 with Admiral who I was with originally and actually told me to leave the car in the garage & get a new insurance company when I carried out the MOD's :blink: the mind boggles

Edited by bobbyc

Yup, insurance is always a nightmare.

I used to be with Admiral but they doubled my insurace quote (£1200) as i had picked up 3points for an SP30. Me saying 'i thought i paid my fine to the local constabulary not admiral' may not have helped. Even this year they sent me an e-mail to get me back, still £400 more than i ended up paying.

Since them i've been with M&S - who wouldn't insure me this year as the car is modified.

I'm with Sky Insurance (nothing to do with the satellite tv company) at the moment and can't fault them. All mods covered with plenty of scope for more if i feel like it.

Wouldn't be too bad if all the quotes were high but they never are!

Not looking forward to renewal next month. That said im sure i will be cheaper than last year since the barstewards removed my ncd because of a change in car.

I dont believe the hype about claims increasing in last year entirely, admiral have just posted pre tax profit increase of 21%.

I am with Admiral. I have just saved an additional £50 on my premium by removing my tracker. Admiral tell me that for my car (Bygeye WRX) they don't want it found if it is stolen as it is too much hassle. They just want it never to be seen again, write off as stolen and payout the claim.

To say I was astonished was an understatement.