Getting Bedfordshire Scoobies Back On Track.

Hi All,

After a VERY busy July I am now back in business!

I think we are all very much aware that numbers have dwindled over the past few months at our meets and this is something I'd like to address.

Would you prefer a different venue, different day, different format?

This is the time to give your opinion (as long as it's not too rude ;) ) - and let me know what you really want from your local meet.

Cheers,

Rach

Wouldn't want to unduly influence the choices, given that we struggle to get out to play anywhere for a while ;)

If we do ever manage to meet up, we'd prefer somewhere with food - either lunch or evening. It's nice to build up a relationship with a particular venue, especially if we'd like a safe corner of the car park set aside, but some variety in location & food type might bump up the incentive to show up?

Most groups seem to struggle to all make it at the same time, but it could be fun (and a nice public show) to meet up in one location and then a short (5-10 miles) convoy to the main meet & eat. The old Marston Moretaine to Dunstable run worked well, and the Herts folk used to run up & back to bucks meets.

Being so heavily committed at weekends, I'd be keen to see a list of dates sorted for the year - rather than a few week's notice. Is every month overdoing it?

Cheers, David & Chrissy

We could meet up at the Beefeater opposite the BIA Stadium as that has a large car park and then drive to somewhere which does good food. I don't know to many places in Bedfordshire. I've been to 1 meet so far this year and it would be good to come along to another.

If i come up with anymore bad idea's i'll let you know :P

As one who very rarely turns up to meets (sorry) i can't say too much. But i did enjoy the run to Zen so a meet then short drive in burbling convoy appeals. I'm not fussed by having food, but a drink goes down well (even if it is just a lemonade :P ) B)

I agree with the above post.

Really not interested in the food side of the meets, but would like to get some some drinks. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Rach,

How about organising somekind of trip to a theme park one weekend.

Once the kids go back to school they should be fairly quiet.

There are loads around that we could easily get to in a day, Alton Towers, Chesington, etc....

Hope we get something organised soon, I've not seen you guys since last Christmas :)

Phil

I know a nice pub just outside of Weston in Herts its a nice quiet country pub great for a meet and then if you want to go for a drive there lots of nice windy country roads to go on which can take you some interesting places.

Baldock is another option as now they have re-vamped the main street there's lots of packing and a good place to park up, show off your car and grab a drink before taking a drive out towards buntingford etc.

Not sure about places in Bedford as i don't go around there apart from the athletics stadium.

I'm currently trying to get one of my work colleagues to come along as he has just bought a 06 STI Spec-D so hopefully another recruit :brickwall:

Rach,

How about organising somekind of trip to a theme park one weekend.

Once the kids go back to school they should be fairly quiet.

There are loads around that we could easily get to in a day, Alton Towers, Chesington, etc....

Hope we get something organised soon, I've not seen you guys since last Christmas :rolleyes:

Phil

Sounds like a great idea Phil, trouble is people don't seem to want to travel a couple of miles at the mo let alone 60 + miles to a theme park :P However if I'm wrong and all you guys would like to do this please just let me know and I'll get the ball rolling.

Don't worry, I promise I'll get something sorted soon AND I'll run the date past you first just to make sure you can make it this time! :brickwall:

I know a nice pub just outside of Weston in Herts its a nice quiet country pub great for a meet and then if you want to go for a drive there lots of nice windy country roads to go on which can take you some interesting places.

Baldock is another option as now they have re-vamped the main street there's lots of packing and a good place to park up, show off your car and grab a drink before taking a drive out towards buntingford etc.

Not sure about places in Bedford as i don't go around there apart from the athletics stadium.

I'm currently trying to get one of my work colleagues to come along as he has just bought a 06 STI Spec-D so hopefully another recruit :rolleyes:

I've been working on a rough route starting off around Letchworth/Stevenage and finishing up around Wyboston in Cambs so we can get as many of us together as possible, it's pretty sketchy at the minute but looking at the map a pub in Weston could be a very good starting point - cheers :brickwall:

Keep up the recruitment work, it would be nice to get a group of us attending regular meets again :P

I'm currently trying to get one of my work colleagues to come along as he has just bought a 06 STI Spec-D so hopefully another recruit :rolleyes:

The roads around buntingford are great for a drive :brickwall:

Quenbys is on the Baldock highstreet and if someone could give them a tinkle they might like a gathering outside, though how involved they are with Subaru's now i'm none too sure :brickwall:

Then as said there are plenty of roads out that way that are great to drive, and then there is the Baldock by-pass, a 'must-do' in my book with its fair length tunnel... :rolleyes: Only issue i can see is it might well be a trek for the guys in Bedford?

The pub i was referring to was The Rising Sun in Halls Green, i know the guy who runs it and he might be happy for us to fill up the car park a bit :brickwall:

I got to ring Quenbys soon so could find out about parking in front if they wanted a photo shoot but i don't think they have much of a tie in with Subaru anymore going from the conversation i had with someone down there.

Baldock by-pass i will agree is a good spot to spank your car down. :rolleyes: