Engine Swaps

My car at present is a sport. so I cant use that ECU.

And the donor car was a uk turbo on a M plate.

But I was thinking of using an import ecu due to them not having an imobilizer.

I'm assuming you're aware but just in case - you'll need more than the engine and ECU. You'll need the engine, exhaust, gearbox, clutch, diffs, driveshafts, suspension, brakes, ECU, wiring loom and just about everything else with the exception of the interior and shell!

It's a colossal job and will be far cheaper to just buy and insure a turbo model - that said, if it's a project you're after, enjoy! :P

Thats added complication.

Import ecu will have some different pins I believe and will certainly have a different map. 1994 cars may not have had an imobiliser so worth checking first.

If you're needing to spend money on getting keys flashed my preference would be to find a second hand apexi PFC. Plug-n-play and mapable too.

I have the RB5 as my daily the now. and the sport is just a project. I have taken into account all the work, parts etc. so have the whole lot. I got a insurance write off, as the donor. but never got keys. So since my sport only skint me £130. And the donor cost me £100 I personaly think even after doing the work it would work out cheaper than buying another turbo. And give me a better enjoyment of the car once its all done.

thx for all the advice tho. Gets the brain working, which is all good lol.