Machrihanish Airbase For Sale

Just seen that they are selling off Machrihanish Airbase one of the longest runways in Europe for the princely sum of £1.

http://www.machrihanish.org/sites/machriha...achrihanish.pdf

Maintained by the MOD so is in great condition, good for 1/4 miles and circuit racing.

Just a bit out of the way.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=campbelto...sh|Machrihanish, Campbeltown, Argyll, Scotland, PA28 6

Maintained by the MOD so is in great condition, good for 1/4 miles and circuit racing.

You seriously have never been to an MOD property before have you Rob... :beer: "Maintenance" is a term that gets banded about from time to time... It means nothing though...

Oh, and I'm not sure that you would get a great circut out of it, perhaps sprints, but never mind 1/4 mile, thats ghey, you want top speed runs... :blush:

You seriously have never been to an MOD property before have you Rob... ;) "Maintenance" is a term that gets banded about from time to time... It means nothing though...

Oh, and I'm not sure that you would get a great circut out of it, perhaps sprints, but never mind 1/4 mile, thats ghey, you want top speed runs... :whistle:

Got to be better than Crail. :)

Would love to see if you could hire the airfield but it's so bloody far out the way.

This is one of the longest runways in europe.

I have personally seen some very strange goings on in this location that Ill probably tell someone about on my deathbed.

I knew the guy who looked after this place until the MOD let it go, and he told me some very interesting stories.

Its a fantastic facility, you could do so much with it and make crail, santa pod etc etc look like kids play............................................................................

ITS JUST IN THE MIDDLE OF FECKING NO WHERE AND YOU COULD NEVER MAKE IT PAY BECAUSE OF THAT!!!!!

This is one of the longest runways in europe.

I have personally seen some very strange goings on in this location that Ill probably tell someone about on my deathbed.

I knew the guy who looked after this place until the MOD let it go, and he told me some very interesting stories.

If it's one of the story's about yank spy planes called 'Aurora' that fly at trans-sonic speed it's a load of poo. I was there when it was supposed to be in the hanger and i can assure you it was empty.... Aurora if it does exist never visited when i was there.

Some stuff did go on there but it was all because of what was kept there, nothing decidedly weird went on. One of the reasons it was 'out of the way'.