Dslr Camera

Yeah, Canon Vs. Nikon...

Well my take on it, is that lots of REALLY COOL PEOPLE buy canon cameras....

Other people are just wrong!!!! :thumbup:

well ive got a pentax......

so speaking as a wrong un ive really been pretty impressed with it, my reasons for it was that it has image stabilisation built into the body so you dont need lens's with it, it takes sd memory cards and it has a dust and shower proof casing which i liked as i knew it was mainly for motorsport use. also there was some really good deals on so i think it was about 330 for the camera with 18-55mm lens.

well ive got a pentax......

so speaking as a wrong un ive really been pretty impressed with it, my reasons for it was that it has image stabilisation built into the body so you dont need lens's with it, it takes sd memory cards and it has a dust and shower proof casing which i liked as i knew it was mainly for motorsport use. also there was some really good deals on so i think it was about 330 for the camera with 18-55mm lens.

Oh and it also takes AA batteries!!!!! :thumbup:

I use Canon and even though I have never touched a Nikon I can't see myself ever being drawn away.

My first SLR was the 350D which at the time was £550 for the body and the 18-55mm lens!!I still use that camera and my only real restrictions are the size I can print out to; due to it only being 8 megapixels and recently being limited to ISO1600 for low light sports work. Apart from that it is a good body and it does me fine. It is all down to personal taste I presume

I think the next time I change a body it will be for the 7D - so I can keep my EFS lenses!

I use Canon and even though I have never touched a Nikon I can't see myself ever being drawn away.

I think the next time I change a body it will be for the 7D - so I can keep my EFS lenses!

Most people will always stick to the same brand as their first body as the cost to change brands is much higher than just swapping bodies! That's why getting the choice right in the first place is very important! The choice really is a personal one though, the difference in quality is so marginal, it all comes down to which brand you feel more comfortable with!

I had my heart set on a canon slr for years my mate had canon film slr and i loved using it and allways said "i'll have one of them oneday" years later i was finaly in a postion the buy.... Went to jessops to try them all out and was a bit disapointed that the nikon felt like the better bit kit. As for the final image there both just a tool at the end of the day both produce the goods, it just comes down to the person usin the tool. i would agree with Neil, try and push the budget that extra bit, and modin is expensive !! :thumbup: