Sat Nav's

Won a TomTom XXL IQ routes a couple of weeks ago. Only tried it out a couple of times but very pleased with it. The lane guidance appears as though it would be really useful when somewhere you don't know.

Mine also came with the traffic receiver which tested well when not used in anger. Yet to see how well it works when dealing with actual traffic!

Tried out a few different onces int eh past.. Some have better features than others.. But always used TomTom.. Just seems simple to use, not confusing and does the job.. For a low cost basic sat nav that gets you there, you cant go wrong.. I recently bought a refurbed one off eBay for much cheapness, no bracket but just used a couple small velcro tabs to hold it in place.. SO easily removable and dont get that theft friendly circle mark on the windscreen!

I got the tomtom xl live which I have been very impressed with. Lots of features, including the lane change advice that Stephen mentions. The google feature is also very handy if you need to find a place that you had not planned before leaving the house. You also get a free years subscription with it for the live facility.

• 4 weeks later...
Well folks the decision was made for me,thank you to Steven (steveairdrie).He gifted me a discount voucher for a Garmin nuvi 255w for £71.48 :D:D Just need places to travel now :o

Thanks for the replies :icon_salut:

Kenny

I have a Garmin and was recently given a Tom Tom and to be honest the garmin is far better so good choice :P