Need Some E-bay Advice

HI guys to cut a long story short i sold a power steering pump on e-bay and i only work with pay pal for money transfers so i have this as my only option for payment. The guy who was the winning bidder is telling me he has no pay pal set up and is having problems doing so there for he is asking me to e-mail or phone him with my bank details which he is not getting. What do i do with him now ?

HI guys to cut a long story short i sold a power steering pump on e-bay and i only work with pay pal for money transfers so i have this as my only option for payment. The guy who was the winning bidder is telling me he has no pay pal set up and is having problems doing so there for he is asking me to e-mail or phone him with my bank details which he is not getting. What do i do with him now ?

What about getting him to send you a postal order for the value?

I tend to take care with eBay.. If somethign doesn't seem right it's probably not!

One of the main things about eBay now is that sellers MUST offer PayPal.. Main reason for this is that both seller and buyer has protection.. if you choose, to do a deal outside of eBay and it goes wrong you have little protection..

It may well be genuine enough, but if it were me I'd not carry on with the sale.. The listing clearly state the payment methods allowed.. If a buyer is unable to make payments that way then you shouldn't be bidding... Just my view...

:)

If he's been in contact then I'd at least give him the option of another payment method (cheque or postal order) cos let's face it the whole point is selling your item. The option of second chance or relisting could be considered quite quickly if no payment is received, as it'll only take a day or two to send it 1st class, so nothing lost really. It's quite obvious that the buyer is an eBay noob with such a low feedback score and could have as easily have misread the listing (or just be stoopid) than be a scammer. I just think back to when I first used eBay with little or no FB and avoided the "buyers with less than 10 or whatever FB's need not bid" sort of listings to save having to convince the seller I was a genuine buyer - that said we all had to start somewhere.

Pete (been eBaying 5 years - 831 FB's @ 100%)

Edited by Scooby Doom