Subaru-wrx-sti-new York

The New York Auto show yesterday saw the wraps going off to four-door sedan version of Subaru WRX STI. This is the first time WRX STI will be available in both, a 5-door hatch and 4-door sedan configuration.

The 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI features a newly designed 18 x 8.5-in. BBS forged aluminum-alloy wheels, high-luster paint and weigh 17.6 lbs which is considerably less then the previous standard wheels. It has Brembo Performance Brake System and both models receive significantly revised suspension tuning.

However, power comes from the same turbocharged/intercooled 4-cylinder Boxer engine mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, which is capable to deliver 305hp and 290 pound-feet of torque.

If we talk about the design aspect of 2011 Subaru Impreza STI, it will come with a new facade, revised bumper, a lip spoiler, freshly designed front grill, new fog lamps and bumper intake openings. At the same time four door STI will have wider rear fenders.

Well it is starting to look a little better! but will it make it to the UK??????

2011-Subaru-WRX-STI-Sedan1.jpg

2011-Subaru-WRX-STI-Sedan3.jpg

Edited by cruz104

Now that looks better. Still not perfect, but certainly better.

Looks wise, it gives the car a better overall balance. The long low bonnet line, rammed up the rear end look of the hatch is gone. :wub: And so have the Lexus back lights.

Just looked at an old picture of my EVO6, and can't see anything similar.

Now Subaru UK.....................bring it here too.

+1 take away the rear wing and all I can see is a mish mash between some dull american/korean effort. Im sure it looks just dandy from the front and sides!

mish mash is a good description, i am thinking they don't know what to do with this iconic car, it is like a cross between a subaru and an evo, it is still not right but moving in a better direction.

Have to say that it will good to see the saloon scooby make a comeback.... However, still needs to regain that agressive look again

Was never a fan of the new Ford Focus Style Impreza... (No Offence to owners of them, just my own taste)

Same said for Evo`s, my taste says the Evo lost it`s looks after the Series 6

I'm not a fan as I agree its too Evo5/6 with a hint of MG about it as others have said.

However, respect is due to FHI/Subaru if they have brought this out amidst the 'cool' response to the hatch model from the customers. Anyhoo, as mentioned when the hatch came out: who buys a scooby for their dashing goodlooks. If it goes like fook and sticks to the road like nothing else this side of £30k, I might be persuaded.

So whats this new springs, 305ps, widebody, wide track bit all about then ... is it going to go like fook and stick to the road ...