Mountain Bike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know lol i think you do for going up the hill so not to lose to much energy then release it for the fun bit!!

has anyone tried these drinks and bars you can get that release energy do they work? also any gain from using proper bike shoes?

Yes indeed Proper Shoes & Shimano SPD pedals make one hell of a difference, learn to use them on grass first though, lots of comedy moments to be had

Andy

right then all you experts whats this for? it came with the bike but they didn't tell me ;)

hs8iur.jpg

I'm sure that's a blank for inserting between your hydraulic brake pads when the wheel/disc isn't fitted to the bike.

I take it the bike came without it's wheels on?

Nice bikes the Felts. When I was doing triathlon I was close to buying an all singing-all dancing Felt time trial road bike.

Hope you enjoy your off-roading, and as said previously, it's of great benefit to get a set of spuds :rolleyes::crying::mad:

Nice bikes the Felts. When I was doing triathlon I was close to buying an all singing-all dancing Felt time trial road bike.

Hope you enjoy your off-roading, and as said previously, it's of great benefit to get a set of spuds

Looking forward to it Phil see how the Felt performs, early start tomiorrow, the only thing is the wife is not too chuffed when i come home cos i'm boggin lol, i say to her could be worse could be rat ar*ed every weekend and chasin women, i'm just out on my bike with my bro and mates,

Gaz

I started using Runkeeper to track my cycle to work...knocked 10 mins off by pumping the tyres up to rock hard and locking front suspension :)

The GPS is a bit dodgy on that App but it's pretty cool and gives you something to aim for in beating your times etc. Thanks for posting it up :D

Clicky

Edited by pmacFTO

tried the runkeeper on the trial day and it seems ok to me if a little power hungry and i find it quite interesting when you log on on line and it shows you the elevation and speed and the map of where you went. all in i think it's quite a good app just got to get a dahon biologic iphone mount now so i can see the iphone when i'm on the move!

The runkeeper app is great, however the GPS issue is well documented on the forum on the runkeeper site. I think they did something as an update which has made the gps dodgy. everyone says it was fine before Version 2 and i cant believe runkeeper are ignoring the issue. What I have found though is that you need to turn the app on and leave it for a minute or 2 inline of site ofthe satellites, so outside I suppose. Once its got the green gps, click the start activity and turn the screen off, otherwise it will eat the battery something chronic. All in all though, for free its ace, and no need to buy the product which is a bit bizarre, but hey ho. If they sorted out the GPS issue I would actually buy the full thing.

I do like the graph at the bottom of the page showing height, speed etc...really good idea of where you need to push (like the 7.6 mph split on your ride pmac B))

good ride though, and good average speed...mines down at about 10.45, but i have noticed a marked improvement in times to and from work etc :lol:

Here's the ride home - was tough tonight and my knee was twinging AND there was a bloody headwind all the way B)

http://bit.ly/dy4Ktt

I did sit outside the work till it got a signal and it was perfect - just checked the route and it's fine - also when it has the GPS signal you get the speed info. I also turned off the Wireless and 3G which may have helped.

I can only get better at the journey :lol: Quite enjoying the challenge and keeping track of the ride I can see where I need to improve

Edited by pmacFTO

Some ride there :rolleyes: I am hoping to take our Retriever out as she is working stock and can run for hours - just need a bike rack for the wagon first so we can go somewhere in the countryside. Is that on a MTB or road bike labpedro?

I have just bought a connecting bar so I can hook up the kids bikes :whistle: We had one before which was just a bike with no front wheel which is fine but I want them to be able to cycle on their own then when they get tired we can just hook them on to us.

Anyway, anyone know of any good gel saddle covers? The specialized seat is a tad sharp! hehe - maximum comfort required! I Have slightly padded shorts but I want even comfier.

Edited by pmacFTO
  • 2 weeks later...

well, just had another run out and have decided I really need to get smooth tyres on mine rather than the MTB ones I've got on now, as the rolling resistance is very noticeable on the downhill sections when my mate just freewheeled away from me :lol:

heres the route anyway on the runkeeper website http://rnkpr.com/a4pwz7

I did want to cry on the first hill as its a short sharp incline that I hate...dont mind the longer steady inclines if i'm honest ;)

Any recommendations on tyres? been looking on wiggle and the ones i am looking at are the Continental Ultra Gatorskin MTB Tyre (http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Continen...yre/5360021704/) so has anyone used these themselves?

Edited by labpedro