Scooby Insurance...

Picking my new wheels up this week and have to start looking for insurance,its a JDM import Sti and the quotes i have had are a bit silly,but i have been on bikes for the last few years and lost my NCB,even though my last car was an Evo that i never claimed on,so people anyone know any decent insurance folk with some sensible quotes,i'm early forties too,but no mercy,best quote i got was £1300. :lol: any help guys ? :thumbup:

I'm 41 plus my missus 36

Both clean licenses

No accidents or claims - ever!

Car is a MY02 WRX

Policy....

Fully Comp

NCB protection

No motor legal cover

No courtesy car

basic breakdown insurance (roadside and tow if needed)

£459 with direct line though have "multicar" and home insurance with them and these accrue more discount...

Home Ins was really cheap as well

If you are an SIDC member, try Gary Moulson at Keith Michaels Insurance - they'll try hard to get you a good price and are excellent with modifications.

You'll see them advertised in banner adverts or Gary's direct number in the members section.

Brian.

I have been with Greenlight insurance (based in Essex) since getting my first import (an FTO) in 1997. They've always been brilliant, and I have had to claim through them, and had no problems. They have no problems with imports or mods.

They're also far far cheaper than anyone else I've found for me, I currently pay about £500 fully comp for my 2001 WRX PPP, but that is with a lot of NCB.

Mind you, I haven't felt the need to shop around for a few years, I hope they're still competitive!

Well worth trying Gary

I've been with LV for years but they got higher and higher, although were very good for both no-fault claims in the last decade. I decided to dig around for a few new quotes this year and was quite amazed at the spread. Slight differences in excesses, but all would accept my history of full NCD and no fault claim.

Car is a WRX wagon with PPP upgrade. Had from new Oct 2004 and now 97k miles and prob worth less than 7k?

LV wanted £1287

SAGA (yeah, the joys of being 55!) £862

Adelaide (IAM member) £962

LV offered to requote me (rather than renew existing) to open up to fresh underwriters - came down to £696 but then added demand for trackers and greater excess. In my naivety, I'd assumed that a renewal was automatically the best they could offer!

Went to Gary at Keith Michaels and ended up paying £499 B)

When the IAM chap phoned back he got really grumpy and said that he'd promised to beat any quote - said he would have matched the £499 and didn't like it when I told him that he should have quoted that in the first place :thumbup:

PS I think you will need to be a paid up SIDC member to get the best deal through Gary

Edited by HairyDJ
I have been with Greenlight insurance (based in Essex) since getting my first import (an FTO) in 1997. They've always been brilliant, and I have had to claim through them, and had no problems. They have no problems with imports or mods.

They're also far far cheaper than anyone else I've found for me, I currently pay about £500 fully comp for my 2001 WRX PPP, but that is with a lot of NCB.

Mind you, I haven't felt the need to shop around for a few years, I hope they're still competitive!

That's it mate,it's been 2 years since the Evo and that written off my NCB,so I had nothing to bargain with,I have managed to get it to under a grand now with just my driving experience,so i am sorted now,hopefully have the car Friday or Saturday,happy days. :thumbup:

That's it mate,it's been 2 years since the Evo and that written off my NCB,so I had nothing to bargain with,I have managed to get it to under a grand now with just my driving experience,so i am sorted now,hopefully have the car Friday or Saturday,happy days. B)

Nice one, welcome back into the fold :thumbup:

That's it mate,it's been 2 years since the Evo and that written off my NCB,so I had nothing to bargain with,I have managed to get it to under a grand now with just my driving experience,so i am sorted now,hopefully have the car Friday or Saturday,happy days. :lol:

Some insurance companies keep record of your NCB even after 2 years. Tesco do, as i had 2 years using company cars and wanted to add the no claims i'd made to my previous 2 years on my last scoob. Anyway, i had to stay with Tesco, no prob as they have always been good for me, and i managed to get back the NCB i thought was lost.