Hillclimbs....where To Start?

Here's a link to the Scottish Hillclimb and Sprint championships website for further info:

Guyson Scottish Sprint & Hillclimb Championships

I know several of our members do the Sprint events and some also do the Hillclimbs as well.

Here's a link to the East Ayrshire Car Club, who organise the events at Kames race track:

EACC - Kames

I'm sure someone else with experience in these events will be along shortly to dispense some advice...........They'll probably advise to you to get friendly with your bank manager as it can be an expensive passtime ;)

Good luck :thumbup:

Edited by Phil MC

All joking aside, it's a big commitment both financialy and mentaly to do a season in any hill/sprint championship it's a big step but one that will

give you one hell of a ride. I wish i did it years ago. As Phil said read both sites you will get all the info there.

Always keep in mind this is grass roots motorsport and just a bit of fun at the weekend.

Jac :thumbup:

yes it is good, butr as jac says a big dent on the pocket

trying to stay competitive and enjoy it at the same time, i spent on my track car for scottish sprint championship a 4wd conversion, a new engine, turbo, clutch, intercooler and mbe ecu plus some mapping, done all my own spanner work including half assembly of engine and fitting

got eacc trirer of the year in 2004 and 2006, B3 class winner in 2007,

scottish sprint chanpionship, in 2007 B3 class winner and runner up in B class

It all depends what you want to achieve and your budget. If you stay local and do the Lowlands down in the central belt or the Highland Championship for the guys up North it can be a fairly cheap sport. If you want to compete in the Scottish the cost ramps up exponentially as does the competition. As has been mentioned previously by JC this can be a cheap hobby but not in A3 or B3 where the impreza's and Evo's live.

It can be very rewarding from a personal point of view in terms of building a car yourself and seeing it become competative but it can also be very very time consuming. If you are not able to do a lot of the work yourself you will need very deep pockets.

this can be a cheap hobby but not in A3 or B3 where the impreza's and Evo's live.

A3 does not need to be an expensive class, you can enter a standard Impreza (as a couple of members on here have done) it is winning that is expensive.

Soz to jump on the thread is there nothing that i can do when im home like a sprint or Hill Climb that does not need the commitment of a whole season as i work 9 months out the country.. would love to have a crack at this

Cheers

yup you can enter for individual events if theres spaces available, looked into this myself as I'm in a similar situation with being offshore

Soz to jump on the thread is there nothing that i can do when im home like a sprint or Hill Climb that does not need the commitment of a whole season as i work 9 months out the country.. would love to have a crack at this

Cheers

You can enter in to a championship and just do what ever event suits, that way you will have practically guaranteed there will be a space for you.

It's free entry as well to newcomers :)

Edited by HI_JAC