Well after having to watch all the snow in the UK on the news over the New Year while we've had almost none here I've been getting quite jealous (although also finding it hilarious with the UK's inability to deal with a little bit of snow).

We finally got a decent dump over night. Normally the Germans are so efficient that they've cleared all the snow even off the minor roads before I get out of bed, seems it dumped so much, so quickly this morning that even the Germans couldn't handle it!

Car performed brilliantly though with 235 Pirelli Sottozero winter tyres. Sliding around a bit where the snow had been compacted, but lots of feel and easily able to drive at 70kmh on the straights and ABS was also well behaved, never triggering once!

There were still plenty of idiots about dawdling around on the back roads, had to overtake a few, once I hit the main road (first time I've EVER seen it covered in snow) the traffic was at a standstill! It seems there are still quite a few death-mongers driving around on Summer tyres even though Winter tyres are legally required here!

Anyway, took a few snaps of the hatch in the snow for you to enjoy ;)

post-6837-1264687174.jpg

post-6837-1264687181.jpg

post-6837-1264687187.jpg

post-6837-1264687193.jpg

post-6837-1264687200.jpg

Group buy on winter tyres would be a really great idea! I'm sure you can find a supplier willing to do it!

Lots more snow here again today! Not had this much since 2005; that time my Neighbours built a snow-bar in the garden and we all got rat-a***d on Glühwein on Sunday afternoon ;)

Group buy on winter tyres would be a really great idea! I'm sure you can find a supplier willing to do it!

Doesn't the SIDC have some sort of deal with blackcircles? Wonder if we can do somethign there for end of 2010? (Gives them plenty warning :P )

Lots more snow here again today! Not had this much since 2005; that time my Neighbours built a snow-bar in the garden and we all got rat-a***d on Glühwein on Sunday afternoon ;)

LOL! - Snowing again here today in North of Scotland.. Forecast is for 10cm at sea level :D

Doesn't the SIDC have some sort of deal with blackcircles? Wonder if we can do somethign there for end of 2010? (Gives them plenty warning :D )

I would say around September is the best time to sort it, so people will have their new tyres for the end of October!

LOL! - Snowing again here today in North of Scotland.. Forecast is for 10cm at sea level ;)

We've had around a foot the last two days, but temperatures are really cold so the flakes are really small! Could have been a whole lot worse if it had been a bit warmer with big flakes!

whenever I've tried to get SIDC discount at blackcircles, they've never heard of us - but usually manage to tweak the price a bit anyway. It's listed in the membership benefits but nothing found in the members only section of the forum?

I bought my snowprox through them with a CSMA discount, but that deal seems to change regularly. good news is that while most are 3% we currently get 10% on all toyo. Sadly, I suspect that they are not as competitive as when they first arrived on the market.

Camskill seem to win on price, but mytyres have the biggest range.