Graham Walker Ltd - Any Good ?

Ovv

Hey folks,

Non scooby owner at the moment but have seen a few adverts online for Graham Walker Ltd.

Just wondering if anyone has had any recent dealings with them ?

Im looking about at 54/55 plate STi's at the moment and Graham Walker seems to have quite a few in stock. Im based up in NE Scotland but would be prepared to travel for the right car.

Would be a straight buy, no trade in.

Opinions good or bad please...

Cheers

Chris.

Edited by Ovv
  • 3 months later...
anybody ? :angry:

Hi Chris,

I have just bought a 53 reg WRX PPP from them and the service was spot on. the only thing I had was that there was a cracked front fog light which I pointed out before buying which they said they would fix but when I picked it up it wasn't but they have said they will do it as soon as the part arrived and also I have found that the wing mirror motor on the passenger's side doesn't seem right so I am booking it in this week to be sorted, will update you on how I get on ;-) but so far overall spot on. any specific questions let me know.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have just bought a 53 reg WRX PPP from them and the service was spot on. the only thing I had was that there was a cracked front fog light which I pointed out before buying which they said they would fix but when I picked it up it wasn't but they have said they will do it as soon as the part arrived and also I have found that the wing mirror motor on the passenger's side doesn't seem right so I am booking it in this week to be sorted, will update you on how I get on ;-) but so far overall spot on. any specific questions let me know.

Cheers

Chris

Cheers for that mate, its good to know. At the moment I have decided to target getting myself a classic, but their blob prices seem very good, so maybe look at them again in the future.

• 2 months later...

yea stay away..............bought my car from there 5 days later crankshaft oil seal went!, i took the car back under warrenty on a moday and made it clear i needed the car for friday. usual thing yea yea it will be done, rang them up no sorry we havnt looked at it yet it will have t be monday.

put it this way i would'nt be suprised if i ring up monday and its not ready!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I put a deposit down on one and then did a HPI check when I got home, they said they had already done this but I wanted to make sure. My check identified that finance was still owed (which they denied) so I walked away.

They had some nice looking cars in though and the salesman was very helpful.

• 1 year later...

I was disgusted with there attitude and servce. I too am based in Scotland and had been looking for an impreza sti for some time. I noticed they always had a few in so I got on the phone to them. Car seemed to tick the boxes and the price was reasonable. I was guaranteed over the phone the car was in show room condition & there was not a better example out there & I would not be dissapointed. They knew i was travelling a long distance to them with my car I planned to part ex.

When I turned up after a long drive I looked about and was totally ignored. Think they thought I was some dreamer who just wanted to have a drive in one. I sore the car and had a good look round it. Alloys were marked badly, side wall tyre had small damaged chunk on it. Scrathces inside the cabbin and the seal missing along the side skirt at the back door!! Show room condition???? My Ar#e! :angry:

When pointed out the faults response was terrible. Was told just to take it to Subaru and they would fix the seal. Tyre passed MOT (that they carried out) so they would not change it. Scratches were down to age. Not willing to fix any of it & no movement on price with the faults. They would not let me test drive the car until a price was agreed, WTF! Maybe it was an off day for them but I personally would never go near them and would stay well clear.

In short, helpful on the phone but terrible one to one. After being told my expectations were unrealistic & I would never get a car in beter condition i left in my own car.

Months later Found a great example at a Subaru dealer in Swindon. Excellent customer service and details and pics of every minor on the car, could not be more helpful and could not fault them.

Rant over, haha.