Top Gear Could Be Ending.

:D

It's mostly drivel... I think out of the last couple serieses there's maybe been 2-3 things that I was actually gripped to.. The rest was just meaningless pratting around.. Ok thei've always pratted around but most of it now has nothing to do with motoring or the cars, it all about the presenters makign arses of themselves..

Problem is the alternative is 5th gear and rather than them trying to stick to their own thing they have copied top gear with the Tiff/Jason challenges.. I respect the two of them for beign good drivers but I want to see proper driving and nice cars.. Not 1/2 the program with the two of them driving a tank...

.. Edited to add.. (going off on one here) Has anyone else noticed that the number of episides per series has been getting chopped more and more recently? What is it down to this time.. 6 episodes? Mostly that is because the presenters wanted more money and the BBC couldn't afford to make any more episodes! AFAIK

Personally i think the show is brilliant compared to other motoring shows (apart from wheeler dealer lol but that a different catagory in my book) but it has seemed to have left anybody with a budget of under 30K to spend on a motor behind however as a entertainment show its contending with Xfactor and stricly this and strickly that and big bother all of which i detest. The show is loseing its its foundation audience (rather like the housing market pricing the first time buyers out of the market) personally i love the challenges and you cant have a good challenge without knowing what a crap one is

Just wish they would do some reviews on moor afordable cars under 30K for the people who dont earn as much as them (and yesy i am biased for Subaru but i still like Clarksons view being a Evo enthusiast as he knows which car he would rather drive home at the end of the day)

I reckon TopGear started goin downhill afew year ago,too much fooling about,ok,it was fun at first for me but now its aimed at entertainment for the 16year olds.The celebs they have on means that non-car enthusiasts have something to keep them from changing channel,but sadly,they seem to have gone overboard in trying to be characters themselves.In trying to capture a wider audience,they managed to turn regular fans away.

PLUS,people are getting bored of em ,theyre on 'dave' all the time,every time I switch on my tv,theyre on!lol!!

I wouldd not be too surprised if it did finish soon as the current format has run its course All the gags appear contrived now so it needs a change. I would like them to start reviewing lower value cars again as I find that more interesting than yet another hyper car at over £150k!

A good point wsa made above about Fifth Gear, its a shame they have started to follow the Top Gear format as it just doesnt work.

On the subject of car shows I quite like 'Used Car Roadshow' although I am not sure if that is still on

I wouldd not be too surprised if it did finish soon as the current format has run its course All the gags appear contrived now so it needs a change. I would like them to start reviewing lower value cars again as I find that more interesting than yet another hyper car at over £150k!

A good point wsa made above about Fifth Gear, its a shame they have started to follow the Top Gear format as it just doesnt work.

On the subject of car shows I quite like 'Used Car Roadshow' although I am not sure if that is still on

It didn't do 5th gear a lot of good, either - it was canned by Five back in October. Not returning to our screens again..

5th gear cancelled

Cheers,

Plug