Squeaky Brakes..

Bit of a problem, which I've never experienced in a Scoob before.

The brakes on the new Scoob are fine - plenty powerful enough etc. and they are completely silent when moving forwards. However, they squeal like a piggy if you even touch the pedal when reversing.

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't spend a lot of time going backwards so this isn't a show-stopper; but it is a bit annoying. Any idea what the cause could be? As far as I know, the brakes are standard..

Cheers,

Plug

Bit of a problem, which I've never experienced in a Scoob before.

The brakes on the new Scoob are fine - plenty powerful enough etc. and they are completely silent when moving forwards. However, they squeal like a piggy if you even touch the pedal when reversing.

Now, I don't know about you, but I don't spend a lot of time going backwards so this isn't a show-stopper; but it is a bit annoying. Any idea what the cause could be? As far as I know, the brakes are standard..

Cheers,

Plug

Mine used to do that too. What brakes do have? Mine are Brembo and only when reversing they used to squeal really badly. What i'd do, did infact, is get the back end up and remove the pads, give the whole caliper a good clean out, rub some copper grease on to the back of the pad, and a little onto the anti-squeal shim. I went a little further as i replaced the standard pads in mine for EBC yellowstuff. Mine hasn't squealed now for over 8 months since i did :thumbup:

Mines exactly the same, squeel like a pig when reversing. When it was in for a service I asked Subaru about it and they said they just wanted to be copper greased and that should cure it... They also wanted £80 for the pleasure so I kindly said no thanks to that, but haven't got around to doing them myself as yet!