50,000 Mile Service - Replace Cambelt?

Hi,

Been phoning round a few places to get quotes for a 50,000 mile service and just wanted to check that this service involves the cambelt being changed? According to my service book it states (50,000 miles or 60 months - includes cam belt) but one place I contacted didn't quote for it being replaced. It definitely needs done doesn't it (05 Blobeye WRX)?

Cheers,

Peter

Been looking at getting grooved discs and Ferodo 2500 pads fitted at Hypertech. Also got a quote from them for the service (£110 + vat) and to get cambelt replaced would be between £195 - £450 depending on if they need to replace the tensioner and the bearings.

Not having the full timing belt kit fitted will save a lot...but I was told that they don't know whether it is needed until they get in there to look at it. If they think you need it wise to get it done ! The kit is about £300 on its own I believe.

If comparing prices perhaps just ask for service + worst case with the full TB kit being required.

I did the belt on mine myself. The kit cost £250 including all idler pulleys and tensioner. You will most likely need the idlers replaced. I was shocked to see how much play i had in the ones i took off my car (and that was around 42k miles on the clock)