What Do I Replace The Scoob With?

Another shout for an Elise here mate, Ive recently moved from a Impreza type-r to an Exige. The car is so much fun Ive done more miles in two months than I did in nearly 2 years in the Subaru.

I miss the power sometimes and the burble, comfort wise the Lotus is closer to a track car.

But it gets 36mpg and corners like you cant believe

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the power sometimes and the burble, comfort wise the Lotus is closer to a track car.

But it gets 36mpg and corners like you cant believe

I'll agree with that....couldn't believe how well it cornered when Mikey took me round knockhill.

Edited by scoobysailor
Alright folks,

Selling my sti wagon leaves me with a bit of a dilema......what to replace it with!

Another scoob i hear you saying.....fair enough, plenty of them about but i'm probably going

to make the age old mistake and go for something else. As a 2nd car/toy it's got to do something

a bit better/different to the daily donkey car.

1. Budget £8k

2. Minimum 2 Seats

3. Convertible - Maybe,

3. Quickish

4. Insurance group 20 max.

5. Resonable mileage.

ok that's about it, all suggestions welcome........................

Depends what you plan on using the car for:

Sprint tracks & back road summer drives - some form of Caterfield

Mostly road with occasional track day - early Boxster S

Sitting on AA trucks - an RX-7 (actually very good as quick road cars, but would never recommend taking one on track as engines become consumables)

All year round road use that doesn't mean you have to worry about being locked up if caught - Clio Williams

Cruising road car - TVR Griffith

It's an m3 mate. Amazing what £8k can get you these days.

and so it is......mmmmmmmm3

i've been looking at that many 330ci convertibles , didn't think you could get a E46 M3 for £8k.

very interesting. :)

phone number link is wrong, ...and it seems way to cheap.

Edited by seafar99

Think the guy is looking for advice not catchy sayings. How this one-Lots Of Trouble Usually Subarusandevos

Been going to track days/crail for many years and could count on one hand the Elises/Exiges ive seen towed home.

Evos and Scoobies, great cars I will not argue, but you get a handfull dragged in by the tow truck every single trackday.

Think the guy is looking for advice not catchy sayings. How this one-Lots Of Trouble Usually Subarusandevos

Been going to track days/crail for many years and could count on one hand the Elises/Exiges ive seen towed home.

Evos and Scoobies, great cars I will not argue, but you get a handfull dragged in by the tow truck every single trackday.

take it easy tiger......the OLD lotus acronym probably goes back to the early 70's :)

and an Exige is way out of my piggy bank range!

Edited by seafar99

If you are looking to get out of the scooby scene i would go for a Elise or a Mini, you will have

lott's of fun in in any of them i did, but i know deep down you are Scooby through and through.

1st on my list is that type R it looks the dogs dangles with all the right bitts. The bug looks

good too but i'm biased :)

I presume you have sold your car.

take it easy tiger......the OLD lotus acronym probably goes back to the early 70's :)

and an Exige is way out of my piggy bank range!

Sorry! Honest, it seems every second person I talk too says line that like they just made it up themselves. Then does this noise like "Guffaw hu hu"

I like that Type R it looks the business and it'll go like f--k. But drive an Elise before u make you mind up

Sorry! Honest, it seems every second person I talk too says line that like they just made it up themselves. Then does this noise like "Guffaw hu hu"

I like that Type R it looks the business and it'll go like f--k. But drive an Elise before u make you mind up

Just watch out for the head gasket failures on the k series engine. :)

My mate raced his honda powered elise and that thing pushed loads of quicker more expensive cars round knockhill.

If you decide on an elise i am sure he would give you any advice on what to look out for as he managed to break most things on his over the years. They are great little cars and return fantastic mpg compared to the scooby.

( What about Cullenmins lovely white type r? )

Gus,

I was hoping you'd dig up another 'gus special' - low milage/straight/white ra ..for peanuts!!!!

I used to run a bmw2002tii (1972) and had it for the best part of 5 years, old school classics for

me need more attention than babies!....always needing constant attention but nice to look at. (when their no greetin' their beads oot)

Edited by seafar99
Gus,

I was hoping you'd dig up another 'gus special' - low milage/straight/white ra ..for peanuts!!!!

I've got one of those! B) but its not For Sale :D

one of these beasties???????????????????????? :thumbup: not everybody's taste but I would B)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1171304.htm

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1222188.htm

or how about a nice Westfield? Plenty of them in your price range for @rse on the ground, back end out fun :thumbup:

Edited by Gus the Bus