Subaru Stolen In Dundee Today

Thats bo11oks.

My missus drives the scooby regularly - do you reckon I should tell her to keep the doors locked? What do you do?

My alarm system(toad) locks the doors 10 secs after the car is started.... bit of a pain most times if you forget and close the door(which I have learned not to do!) but suppose it's there for a reason... security! Can't open he attachment just now so don't know the story yet :( but sounds shocking!!

That's nasty! Society is screw up! (but then we already knew that....Grrrr!)

My alarm system(toad) locks the doors 10 secs after the car is started.... bit of a pain most times if you forget and close the door(which I have learned not to do!) but suppose it's there for a reason... security! Can't open he attachment just now so don't know the story yet :( but sounds shocking!!

Yeah I've set mine to lock when the ignition is switched on and doors are closed.. Simple option on the standard sigma alarm which woudl protect against this sort of carjacking, which isn't enabled as standard!!! .. And if a door is open at the time I pretty much always lock them first chance I get..

In the past, for safety in the event of an accident you are advised not to lock your doors, but TBH I'd rather have the added security.. YOu can always unlock the doors again out of town...

Edited by ScoUK

well the RA doesnt have any central locking so my doors are always locked.

plus I manually lock my driver door once I get in (usually even before I start the ignition)

i like the knowledge that none of the doors can be opened from the outside once my seatbelt is on, heard of a few grab-handbag-and-run stories :(

you can set the standard alarm to lock the doors aswell. Havn't got the manual but it goes along the lines of holding down one of the numbers on the imobiliser keypad for a few seconds.

Disarm alarm

get in

switch on ignition

press remote fob button once (while ignition is switched on)

Press 4 on the alarm keypad

switch off ignition

Job done!

Doing the same but press 5 on the keypad will disable the auto-lock again..

Similarly 6&7 switches between beeps and no beeps when arming/disarming the system (I have mide beep so I know when I walk away from the car it's armed rather than havign to turn round and look at the flashy indicators.. IIRC EU cars need to have this disabled at point of sale for some sort of regulations, not sure if it's stricly "law" or not, doubt it..

Pressing the * button toggles between quiet and loud beeps for arming/disarming and also door open alert.. (TBH the quiet setting is loud enough, would prefer a sightly queter one (but not silent)

Edited by ScoUK

Just avoid Dundee!

Did they not find the car just round the corner after the incident? If so it shows it wasnt because of the car she was driving just a random attack.

A friend of mine had a hammer put through her side window while sitting at lights in broad daylight in Dublin last year, thief got away with her handbag but cut himself pretty badly and the cops found the bag close by full of blood and nothing missing!

Pretty serious stuff,hope the womans ok and gets over this give time. I think everybody should take it as a warning its always happening to someone else or your reading about it,but really who knows it could be one of us next. one of my mates pals lost an r32 when a junkie f*%k threated him with a needle.......would you take the chance.too many horror stories LOCK THE DOORS!!!!!!

Disarm alarm

get in

switch on ignition

press remote fob button once (while ignition is switched on)

Press 4 on the alarm keypad

switch off ignition

Job done!

Doing the same but press 5 on the keypad will disable the auto-lock again..

Similarly 6&7 switches between beeps and no beeps when arming/disarming the system (I have mide beep so I know when I walk away from the car it's armed rather than havign to turn round and look at the flashy indicators.. IIRC EU cars need to have this disabled at point of sale for some sort of regulations, not sure if it's stricly "law" or not, doubt it..

Pressing the * button toggles between quiet and loud beeps for arming/disarming and also door open alert.. (TBH the quiet setting is loud enough, would prefer a sightly queter one (but not silent)

hi there i have a 51 plate wrx with a sigma alarm would this work for my alarm cheers :(