this is the reason why I went for a Sportscat. Whilst I love the benefits of "decat-ification" it's a complete ball ache getting the car through an MOT. If you have the time it's not a biggie but my MOT expires at the end of December which is peak disruption time in terms of xmas/new year

good to see you are back motoring again and 70 bhp is nae shy !

Cal, you can get it done up to a month early and have them extend the new one as long as you take the old certificate wih you.

A decat it IMHO the best power/cost mod you can do and will give you the best results for any future mods as well. It can be a PITA but no pain no gain etc.

Cal, you can get it done up to a month early and have them extend the new one as long as you take the old certificate wih you.

A decat it IMHO the best power/cost mod you can do and will give you the best results for any future mods as well. It can be a PITA but no pain no gain etc.

Hmmm, I thought the difference in BHP gains between the sports can and the full decat, was minimal, around 10 BHP.

Every little helps .... :)

Yeah I know, but I thought it was being suggested by the comments above, that the full decat gives 70bhp gain over the sports cat. The main reason people choose the decat over the sports cat, is not for the extra 10bhp, but for the reduced cost (cat free saves £££££).

Edited by TheWelsho