Mcrae Gathering Finale

looks like a great day and a fitting finale to the herculean efforts of everyone involved,especially the 3 main ringleaders. was absolutely gutted i couldnt get down but seeing the pics helps make up for it a bit.

may you all enjoy one of the most well deserved breaks in history now - and give us a shout when your up sneckie Grant, il point you in the direction of a few other roads and the local donkey sanctuary :driving:

looks like a great day and a fitting finale to the herculean efforts of everyone involved,especially the 3 main ringleaders. was absolutely gutted i couldnt get down but seeing the pics helps make up for it a bit.

:) really gutted to have missed this one.. A fitting finale to the efforts of the McRae Gathering!! That ramp/stand looks ace!

Fantastic amount of money raised the last 20 months by the team! Nowhere near the same scale but there's also over £1,000 raised from the sale of the C.McRae window stickers/decals which will be passed onto the Colin McRae Vision charity in the near future :driving:

il point you in the direction of a few other roads and the local donkey sanctuary ;)

:(B):D;)

... Definately a well earned break required, as far as I know those guys havent stopped since 15th September 2007 :lol:

Edited by ScoUK

I can only mirror what others have said, its been an amazing effort, by everyone involved, but especially by Grant and Imy, who were the ones to really make this happen. My hats are off to you, its a pretty massive acheivement! :driving:

I had to miss it, as it would have been a bit on the dangerous side for me to drive - Falling asleep at the wheel is not an attractive look, and I was pining the whole day to get down... at the very least I had my chester t-shirt on just to be in the spirit of things, but I so wished I could have been there...

I agree with what everyone else has said, not only have you guys have done yourselves proud, but all the Subaru community! Due to my rota i never managed to get down to any of the 2 events, but i bought the T-Shirts and feel i played a small part. :driving:

Well done again!! :lol:

Edited by sczscoob

Well done to Grant and Imy for another well organized day for a !!TRUE LEGEND!! :driving:

Me the wife and kids had a brillant time, Good that Jimmy fired up L555BAT at the end up, manged to video it as the kids thought someone was firing a machine gun with the sound of the car, It was good to have a few :lol: with some fellow club members on saturday night.

It was 2 events it will live with me for the rest of my life, it makes you proud to drive a scooby just like Colin did.

Well Done Folks!!

Edited by burgy_51_

Grant and Imy top marks folks you truely deserve full credit & honour for the hard work and relentless dedication given for your commitment towards the Gathering from start to finish, I know a lot of people in particular are very proud of you both.

Simply thank you.

Good article in this weeks Motorsport News on the Gathering cheque presentation, page 17.

:driving:

oh good its made it in this week's edition.

will get one at lunchtime.

the journalist calls me up and says "i'm at the Vision van"

i go "so am i, walk round the corner" lol

Well done team

So sorry I had to pull out at the last minute.

The racing at Anglesey actually finished early and I almost headed over behind a Scooby with a McRae Gathering sticker on the back of it... but since I was in the race truck common sense got the better of me!

A few Scottish Scoobs passed me on the M6 doing warp speed mid afternoon though, I was in the big white truck towing the very bright yellow MG race car :)