F*a*o Johnst Or Arch

Just wondering why you posted on MLR we were all upset at what him and his car has achieved there hasnt been one negative thing posted so far?, if anything were "ALL" singing his praises hence this thread, was going to ask over on MLR as im registered there but will keep it confined to here to avoid causing trouble

If you saw a post about John st on the MLR you would be the first to post it up on SIDC Dunk.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you saw a post about John st on the MLR you would be the first to post it up on SIDC Dunk.

ive seen johns name a few times on MLR in relation to hill climbing time attack or what ever it might be and never posted it up, but saying on there we were getting upset on here which wasnt the case was a bit of a shocker TBH

( Dunc, yes same class, though my only outing this year up here was in B3 at Kames, that was to stay out of the way of Arch, Jim and Jac so they could fight it out, )

john its nice to see you move up to b3 to give arch and jac a chance but i see no mention of myself in above post john , seeing i am only 1.9 points behind jac in second place in A3 useing a standard impreza road car with half the horse power you guys have and on pishy 205-16 £30 road tyres as well,

i myself thinks it does not really make sense spending tens of thousand of pounds to run in the road class as you can have as much fun spending only a few grand to win a plastic trophy , just look at a2 with the fiestas or a9 with russel running his renault 5 in, these guys run cheap and have close races and still have a good banter at the meetings , A3 is getting to bitchy and like the secret service when someone asks for help ie- suspension settings etc

anyway back to the topic madmac has always been very helpfull when i have spoke to him and his driving is awesome a bit like yourself john so not much to choose between yourself and mac , hopefully mac will move up to b3 and we can see some records getting set or broken

cheers Don

ps i think you lot take this internet posting to serious

Don

From what i can see a lot of your posts are designed to be antagonistic or at least they certainly appear that way. I have seen little in the way of a "bitchy" atmoshere at events until very recently and certainly not when i go up north. I am unsure what my suspension settings have to do with this thread, or indeed yourself, given that it was Jac that asked the question. The fact that i chose not to say is my perogative, just as I would not ask any other person what certain aspects of their car are.

In relation to Donald's car I am looking forward to seeing it in action hopefully at Golspie or Boyndie. Like Donald says he has used other cars around him to push the development of his own car, I also have used Donald's car, John's car and several of the other Evo's from up north as the bench mark that i aspire to.

You boys and your crazy toys. Who's in contention for the overall roadcar honours in the hills then?

I think I'm leading at the moment but Craig Nicol and Les Mutch are pretty close behind. It's the best 8 scores out of 12 so 4 lowest scores to drop after the end of the championship. I think it could be any one of us!

Hi

you lot take this to serious on sidc ,i never knew anything about this post until i got a phone call from a person that is in the club saying that john and arch are getting annoyed at jac posting up donald- madmac is the daddy and they were saying he was not, also while on the phone they mentioned that i was getting a slagging from a certain persons in eacc and sidc and they have been bitching all season about me useing a standard road car,

anyway they asked me to post on mlr about how you lot thought donald was not the daddy and also wind you lot up ( jac )about me useing a standard road car instead of useing a race car and how it gets on certain eacc members t1ts

i get on with everyone and would help out anybody if they asked for help but i do like a bit of forum windup

anyway john its not you i am getting at , i was just stirring it betwen jac about donald was the daddy and certain persons saying he was not

john the person that phoned me up and gave me the bullets to fire in my gun shall remain nameless but put it this way they are a good mate of arch and keep telling me you lot are bitching about me with my standard car at least i have the guts to post up and have a laugh about what people are bitching about or maybe peole should talk to me about why i am running a standard car this year instead of bitching about it and also they are saying i hope you stick it right up jac and archs a*** and thats supposed to be their good mates at club .

RA DUNC - I DID NOT MEAN IT TO SOUND LIKE YOU WERE SLAGGING MACS CAR ITS JUST I WAS ASKED TO POST UP ON MLR AS JAC WAS SAYING MAC WAS THE DADDY AND TO LET HIM KOW THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE WERE SAYING HE WAS NOT THE DADDY <

cheers DON

RA DUNC - I DID NOT MEAN IT TO SOUND LIKE YOU WERE SLAGGING MACS CAR ITS JUST I WAS ASKED TO POST UP ON MLR AS JAC WAS SAYING MAC WAS THE DADDY AND TO LET HIM KOW THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE WERE SAYING HE WAS NOT THE DADDY <

cheers DON

ahhhh coolio :lol: , just thought you had picked me up wrong or something ;)

Anyway good luck with the rest of the season, will hopefully be joining you for a few next season :driving:

Hi

you lot take this to serious on sidc ,i never knew anything about this post until i got a phone call from a person that is in the club saying that john and arch are getting annoyed at jac posting up donald- madmac is the daddy and they were saying he was not, also while on the phone they mentioned that i was getting a slagging from a certain persons in eacc and sidc and they have been bitching all season about me useing a standard road car,

anyway they asked me to post on mlr about how you lot thought donald was not the daddy and also wind you lot up ( jac )about me useing a standard road car instead of useing a race car and how it gets on certain eacc members t1ts

i get on with everyone and would help out anybody if they asked for help but i do like a bit of forum windup

anyway john its not you i am getting at , i was just stirring it betwen jac about donald was the daddy and certain persons saying he was not

john the person that phoned me up and gave me the bullets to fire in my gun shall remain nameless but put it this way they are a good mate of arch and keep telling me you lot are bitching about me with my standard car at least i have the guts to post up and have a laugh about what people are bitching about or maybe peole should talk to me about why i am running a standard car this year instead of bitching about it and also they are saying i hope you stick it right up jac and archs a*** and thats supposed to be their good mates at club .

cheers DON

Now I'm even more confused :lol: I have no fecking idea what you are rambling on about.

And for the record, I've never heard anyone bitch either about you or your car. Well no more than anyone else anyway :driving:;)

---john---

Edited by John Stevenson

Well this is news to me as I didnt realise I had any "good mates" at EACC, but at least you admit to "stirring it" so maybe the root of the bitchiness you speak about is becoming more obvious.

I have ben to one event this season so I am also at a loss to understand what you are talking about, but if someone has an issue with me then they know where to contact me !!!!

Come on now you lot. Why is it that a thread like this turns into a bitchfest?

No I don't think I'm 'the daddy' in A3 class. Far from it, but for those who think they can do better, we should slug it out on the track - not on a public forum. I welcome you all into the class at any event.

I'm competing for the Road Car Title this year, not the class win. The fact that there's no other machinery entered in A3 that comes close isn't my fault. To win the Road Car title involves regularly beating the other quick road cars such as Craig Nicol, Les Mutch & Trevor so I will drive the socks off the Evo to achieve my goal. Believe me, this isn't as easy as you may think. There's a LOT of talented drivers out there on the hills and sprints and a lot of very quick cars, all of whom I have the utmost respect for.

This is my first look into SIDC- pointed here from a link on my thread on MLR. It was very pleasing to read that some of you have respect for me but I'm from 'the other side' so I have no wish to get involved in anything other than friendly banter. We're all into motorsport so we should all be friends. Don't make the 'divide' between Subaru owners and Evo owners bigger than it already seems to be!

Come on now you lot. Why is it that a thread like this turns into a bitchfest?

No I don't think I'm 'the daddy' in A3 class. Far from it, but for those who think they can do better, we should slug it out on the track - not on a public forum. I welcome you all into the class at any event.

I'm competing for the Road Car Title this year, not the class win. The fact that there's no other machinery entered in A3 that comes close isn't my fault. To win the Road Car title involves regularly beating the other quick road cars such as Craig Nicol, Les Mutch & Trevor so I will drive the socks off the Evo to achieve my goal. Believe me, this isn't as easy as you may think. There's a LOT of talented drivers out there on the hills and sprints and a lot of very quick cars, all of whom I have the utmost respect for.

This is my first look into SIDC- pointed here from a link on my thread on MLR. It was very pleasing to read that some of you have respect for me but I'm from 'the other side' so I have no wish to get involved in anything other than friendly banter. We're all into motorsport so we should all be friends. Don't make the 'divide' between Subaru owners and Evo owners bigger than it already seems to be!

Donald

How are things, glad to see the car starting to get to the stage you were hoping for last year and looking forward to hopefully meeting up at Golspie and/or Boyndie.

This thread seems to have been turned into an internal SIDC bitching session as opposed to the original intention which was to point out how well you were doing this year, and how the car looks to be coming together nicely. At the end of the day, as you point out, it doesnt really matter who else is entered as you have to put in some pretty impressive times to pick up good points in A3 as compared to someother classes. So the fact that you are in the running proves how well both you and the car are doing. This is good to see as it is often forgotten just how much time and effort it takes to produce a road car capable of the level of performance you are currently at as well as the ability required to drive such a car :driving:

Donald

How are things, glad to see the car starting to get to the stage you were hoping for last year and looking forward to hopefully meeting up at Golspie and/or Boyndie.

This thread seems to have been turned into an internal SIDC bitching session as opposed to the original intention which was to point out how well you were doing this year, and how the car looks to be coming together nicely. At the end of the day, as you point out, it doesnt really matter who else is entered as you have to put in some pretty impressive times to pick up good points in A3 as compared to someother classes. So the fact that you are in the running proves how well both you and the car are doing. This is good to see as it is often forgotten just how much time and effort it takes to produce a road car capable of the level of performance you are currently at as well as the ability required to drive such a car :driving:

Archie

As you can see, things are fine with me. I had heard through the grapevine that you were installing John's old engine and coming out to compete with us this year. Disappointing that both you and John didn't come out to play as i was looking forward to some friendly battles. I generally don't do Boyndie as it's playtime only and not for any of my serious championships. Im hoping to go to Golspie as long as i get an entry. Again Golspie is playtime but it's a great track and one of the few places I can stretch the legs of the Evo. Also a good banter with petrol heads.

Just for info and to stop any rumours, here's a basic spec of the Evo:

2.2 stroker with T04Z turbo

ported head, oversize valves, S2 cams

635hp / 550ft/lbs torque at 5100RPM

Dogbox with sequenshift and flatshift ECU

0-100MPH in 5s (never had it on 1/4 mile)

1210Kgs

Hotbits DT2 coilovers

Std brakes

Full welded cage

There's a lot of home made parts, built for weight and cost saving. Nothing special about the diffs etc, they're all standard RS spec including the open centre diff. It puts the power down surprisingly well but a bit of a bugger in the wet with all that power! The underfloor works very well - certainly handling gains over the weight of it all (36Kg) but not until speeds of over 80MPH. Allows me to brake late before a corner and keeps the car stable. Can't wait to take her round Knockhill!

I can't mention the 'trick' mods as everyone will copy them but suffice to say there's been a few things that I've done that have really made the car quick and easier to drive on the limit. This is where the real work has been - development and thinking outside the box.

It still has original glass, central locking and elec windows as it's a road car. I could take another 100Kg off easily but at the expense of comfort. Nice to be mixing with the 'locatorfields' and some single seaters at the events. Golspie earlier this year I ended 2nd FTD behind Johnathan Rarity in the wet by only 0.4s.

Look forward to seeing you at Golspie

This thread seems to have been turned into an internal SIDC bitching session as opposed to the original intention which was to point out how well you were doing this year,

IMO the SIDC folks are behaving for a change!! :driving:

But the thread has gone a wee bit off topic lol :lol:

Donald

The engine is in and the intention was to do a full season of sprints but things have not gone smoothly and I have spent over 6 months getting to where I am now, which is one outing at Kames! I had a number of issues and problems with the build which meant I missed event after event. The car is now running well, although not as advanced as I had hoped, but hopefully I now have a solid base to develop it for next year. The aim for the rest of the season is to tweek the suspension and see how much time I can take off last years times as well as getting some seat time in.

Look forward to a natter at Golspie :driving:

Can't wait to take her round Knockhill!

Donald - if you aren't going to Boyndie, then SIDC have a track event on the 19th September from 9am to 1pm. MLR members can take part at the same rates as SIDC members and it would be great to see your car around the track :)

John

Golspie is huge fun. Bloody far away obviously but it was a cracking weekend when we went up with Paul earlier in the year. I was cheering against everyone in the rain as I thought it would have been great to see Donald take FTD. It really did piss it down that day mind you.