F*a*o Johnst Or Arch

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.3 HKS fully forged engine and a GT35 for starters

GT35 ouch!

Was actually amazed at how well this thing appeared to fly through the gears, i would have thought a GT35 on a 2.3 would have been a tad laggy but it didnt appear to have any lag at all for a big blower

GT35 on an Evo has a fast spoolup as the exhaust manifold has the turbo bolted right onto it (VERY SHORT PIPING)

Donald's car has always been fast........................................ helps that he's a very capable driver too!

Carbon doors. Full under tray and diffuser. Very quick indeed.

How'd you enjoy the hillclimb then Dunk?

My mate managed to get second fastest road car behind Donald after smashing his class record by nearly a second.

yea noticed lots of carbon goodies and what looked like a sequential shifter fitted as well B)

Had a pretty good day TBH, i did plan on doing a few of these type of things this summer but due to my engine letting go then loosing my job it didnt happen, ohh well next year :whistle:

how did you get on against him John were you in the same class?

Dunc, yes same class, though my only outing this year up here was in B3 at Kames, that was to stay out of the way of Arch, Jim, Jac AND DON :whistle: so they could fight it out, as I was there to take part in the MSA Inter-Regional event (not to give Jac a doing :D ) so the class didn't matter. Co-incidentally the class records needed fixed in B3 anyway B)

Donalds car is fast and has come a long way in the last two years, he took my class record at Doune this June (set in the old red car) by 0.04s.

The only time we've been together with the cars near their similar spec was Doune last year. Donald pipped me by 0.08s, however I made a cock of the run. So the cars are very close speed wise. Donald has somewhere north of 600hp where my car on the hills was 500, mine was a lot lighter though.

Not seen Donalds car this year so couldn't comment on current weight. I would say that power is not everything though. I competed at Kames last weekend and removed the GT35 and refitted the GT30 as I reckon the car is quicker on a tight Sprint/Hill with the faster spooling turbo and 100hp less.

I beleive Donalds' turbo is a T04Z not a GT35.

Looking forward to having a dry day there some day with the car in its current form.

Edited by John Stevenson
Donald's the daddy in A3 no one can touch him :D

:whistle:

Quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen posted on this forum B) Even Donald wouldnt agree with that, he is a very good driver with a very quick car but there are also other very good drivers with very quick cars around in A3.

Edited by Arch
Excellent, When you do give me a shout and i'll make a point of comming down to watch you two slug it out :whistle:

Dunc, will do, Donald is a good guy and has taken the car to a new level. (Thanks for the link John) Look forward to competing against him soon, can only do that if it fits around work and other commitments. One of the biggest problems is changing the car between different events.

---john---

:driving:

Quite possibly the stupidest thing I have seen posted on this forum :lol: Even Donald wouldnt agree with that, he is a very good driver with a very quick car but there are also other very good drivers with very quick cars around in A3.

Its only a laugh Arch, notice in my post the big smiley face ;)

( Dunc, yes same class, though my only outing this year up here was in B3 at Kames, that was to stay out of the way of Arch, Jim and Jac so they could fight it out, )

john its nice to see you move up to b3 to give arch and jac a chance but i see no mention of myself in above post john , seeing i am only 1.9 points behind jac in second place in A3 useing a standard impreza road car with half the horse power you guys have and on pishy 205-16 £30 road tyres as well,

i myself thinks it does not really make sense spending tens of thousand of pounds to run in the road class as you can have as much fun spending only a few grand to win a plastic trophy , just look at a2 with the fiestas or a9 with russel running his renault 5 in, these guys run cheap and have close races and still have a good banter at the meetings , A3 is getting to bitchy and like the secret service when someone asks for help ie- suspension settings etc

anyway back to the topic madmac has always been very helpfull when i have spoke to him and his driving is awesome a bit like yourself john so not much to choose between yourself and mac , hopefully mac will move up to b3 and we can see some records getting set or broken

cheers Don

ps i think you lot take this internet posting to serious

Just wondering why you posted on MLR we were all upset at what him and his car has achieved there hasnt been one negative thing posted so far?, if anything were "ALL" singing his praises hence this thread, was going to ask over on MLR as im registered there but will keep it confined to here to avoid causing trouble

i see no mention of myself in above post john

Sorry that you feel so needy Don :driving: I'll edit my post to reflect your presence :lol:

Have to agree with Dunc, think your post on Donalds thread is rather out of place, nothing negative has been said here. I have the greatest respect for Donald and his car. Dunc was obviously in awe of it seeing for the first time.

Arch is right, there are a few cars out there that can/will upset Donald, some of them you'll be aware of. As they are from the Dark Side.

Perhaps you might like to think about your wording on your post on Donalds thread, as I would not like to be included in the Upset Subaru boys gang.

I'm sure Donald will get a kick out of the attention, deservedly with the work that's gone into the car.

---john---

Sorry that you feel so needy Don :driving: I'll edit my post to reflect your presence :lol:

Have to agree with Dunc, think your post on Donalds thread is rather out of place, nothing negative has been said here. I have the greatest respect for Donald and his car. Dunc was obviously in awe of it seeing for the first time.

Arch is right, there are a few cars out there that can/will upset Donald, some of them you'll be aware of. As they are from the Dark Side.

Perhaps you might like to think about your wording on your post on Donalds thread, as I would not like to be included in the Upset Subaru boys gang.

I'm sure Donald will get a kick out of the attention, deservedly with the work that's gone into the car.

---john---

Hi guys, and to think no one else registered as Madmac on SIDC! As an 'outsider' to the forum i'm just visiting after seeing the link on MLR but had to look since I thought I'd been upsetting someone!

I appreciate the positive comments on here, yes the car is flying now and I'm aware it's bound to be turning heads. The same as John Stevenson did when he hit the hills with the red Subaru and set the 'unbeatable' time of 46.00s at Doune. Believe me that was a tough record to break and I admit to using that record as a target with the development of the Evo over the winter & possibly the only reason I've taken the car to its current level. Last year we had engine problems that meant we just couldn't get above 540hp. Many parts were replaced to try and find the problem so the spec grew in leaps and bounds. Finally found the problem in the valvetrain and now the engine is producing some impressive figures - despite being almost 4 seasons old and quite tired. This of course means more fun, addictive horsepower, and I just can't find it in me to stop loving every minute of the competition for Road Car honours this year.

It's a shame the car is capable of more than I am. I'm still learning how to handle it properly to be honest but each time I go out, it gets quicker and I have to admit it's a beast that could bite back if I push it too hard. For that reason I'm trying to be sensible with it! It's a high maintenance machine now unfortunately, but thankfully it's been reliable this season.

John, you've been missed this year and I'd love to race against you again soon. We had some cracking battles and good banter and it's just not the same without you! I may be moving up to B3 next year as putting the car back to 'blue book' rules is too much of a step backwards for me. I haven't decided yet if I'll stay with the hills or move to circuits next year. I think the underfloor will come into its own on the higher speed circuits...

Thanks for the nice comments, it's been a lot of work & development and nice to know it's being appreciated by others as well as me.

Hi, seen your beast yesterday and was pretty impressed to say the least :lol:;) Dont know where Don got the idea that we were all upset at your car and its achievements but as you can see its not the case, were all "especially me" in awe of it, as its the first time ive seen it run and im gobsmacked by its performance, hopefully ill catch you and John going for it some time in the near future whether its on a hill or on a circuit, im not fussy either way it will be a cracking day out for me :driving: