Hello Again!

Hey guys and girls,

Appologies I haven't been on here for a while and have only attended one meet! You may remember my 1994 red turbo, I had all the facelift front end put on it just before I met you all in Kidlington. I had a little fight with a wall during the snow earlier this year, which cracked my P1 splitter, dented the bonnet, smashed a headlight and cracked the bumper. Thankfully no damage to the chassis!

Not long after I had it all ready to go in for repair the gearbox went to a 2nd time this year. I've now had enough of throwing money at it so I'm going to get rid of it, I've just got some money through so I've decided to buy a P1. I'm still on the hunt for one so will keep you posted, but im hoping to have it in the next month.

Can't wait to have something to be proud of once again and get out to meet you all!

Michael

Ha ha, Ah, I have been driving the IS300 since the gearbox went so I'll have to give you a Lexus wave now, more of a queens two finger rolling style wave ;-) haha

Yeah I just looked at the P1 in the sales section, is pretty close in Bournemouth, Good price at just over £8k, the mileage puts me off a bit seen a few on pistonheads and autotrader for between £9k - £10k with 50k miles. I'll keep looking, let me know if you find anything, I WILL be getting one, fallen in love a little bit, you'll be pleased to know I decided against a Tommi Makinen Evo 6, should I have just said that...mmmmmm....ha

Michael

Edited by Michael_Jenkins

Quick little update. I test drove a P1 last night in Petersfield, also took my '94 to Witney.

With regards to mine, it's going to cost a bit to take the box out and find out whats wrong with, it's probably going to cost around £500 to fix providing its just the prong selector. The car isn't worth alot so I'm not sure what to do with it at the moment. I have a plan, but if anyone can think of anything let me know.

I have around £10k to spend on a new scooby (heart is set on a P1) I test drove it last night, very quick, very tidy, 55k miles on the clock with a 6 month warranty. I found the previous owners mobile number from flicking through the history and receipts. Phoned his this morning and he told me to stay away from it, 5th gear is missing a tooth, the front brakes needs refurbishing and apparently they have always been trouble, it also has the odd misfire between 2000-3000rpm the previous owner told me no one could diagnose it.

I'm going to look at another 2 tonight, one with 27k miles which looks very tidy and has been serviced well, I also have the reg of it and the number for the subaru garage that knows it well so wish me luck!

If you see anything else, let me know!

Quick little update. I test drove a P1 last night in Petersfield, also took my '94 to Witney.

With regards to mine, it's going to cost a bit to take the box out and find out whats wrong with, it's probably going to cost around £500 to fix providing its just the prong selector. The car isn't worth alot so I'm not sure what to do with it at the moment. I have a plan, but if anyone can think of anything let me know.

I have around £10k to spend on a new scooby (heart is set on a P1) I test drove it last night, very quick, very tidy, 55k miles on the clock with a 6 month warranty. I found the previous owners mobile number from flicking through the history and receipts. Phoned his this morning and he told me to stay away from it, 5th gear is missing a tooth, the front brakes needs refurbishing and apparently they have always been trouble, it also has the odd misfire between 2000-3000rpm the previous owner told me no one could diagnose it.

I'm going to look at another 2 tonight, one with 27k miles which looks very tidy and has been serviced well, I also have the reg of it and the number for the subaru garage that knows it well so wish me luck!

If you see anything else, let me know!

I don't know how much research you have done on the p1 but beware the one at 27k miles if its running its original engine. They are notoriously bad for going pop and needing a bottom end replacement. Mine had an engine replacement and a gear box change under warranty ... apparently the gear boxes were fairly delicate on all of them.

None the less that car was the BEST car i have ever owned - good choice! i would swap my RB for another one (and some change :rolleyes: ) if i didn't require something practical :thumbup:

What is wrong with your gearbox mate?

Cheers Iain

Lost 1st gear and 2nd is "lumpy" they believe that the selector in the box may be bent/broken.

I don't know how much research you have done on the p1 but beware the one at 27k miles if its running its original engine. They are notoriously bad for going pop and needing a bottom end replacement. Mine had an engine replacement and a gear box change under warranty ... apparently the gear boxes were fairly delicate on all of them.

None the less that car was the BEST car i have ever owned - good choice! i would swap my RB for another one (and some change :rolleyes: ) if i didn't require something practical :thumbup:

I'm aware that they do go but I have heard so many different storys that some go early on and some dont go until after 100k miles! The guys at witney said the key thing is that it's been serviced on time everytime! obviously it would depend on how hard the car's been driven, it's very difficult to know which ones are OK, I've been told that even the re-built ones can go again. I'm planning on keeping it for a few years so would like one that is low milage really.

Just so happens mate I have a full uk T2000 gearbox in my shed out of another members that car, it threw a bearing and chipped a tooth in the back end of the box where the centre diff is, but the rest of the internals are fine, its an option for you mate, I would be happy to help you get the box out etc if you want, I have done it a couple of times now lol :rolleyes:

Cheers Iain

Just so happens mate I have a full uk T2000 gearbox in my shed out of another members that car, it threw a bearing and chipped a tooth in the back end of the box where the centre diff is, but the rest of the internals are fine, its an option for you mate, I would be happy to help you get the box out etc if you want, I have done it a couple of times now lol :rolleyes:

Cheers Iain

Iain,

Sounds interesting mate! thanks for the offer! I'm going to be trying something else first with the AA, I'll send you a PM.

Just to let you all know I test drove the P1 last night with 27k miles and I have agreed to buy it, will be collecting it tomorrow night!

Not mine dude, i've been married for 17 years..... but i'm an usher for our friends, so will be kicking around.

and your calling me old???????????????? :)

you said you were in your 20's that would make you 10-15yrs old when you got wed??????????????? :D

i dont think sooooo!!!!! :)

or you are in your 40's "old" man :P .

so "gimp master" how old are you.

or shall we ask yoda :P

OK Mark thank you, I will do!

I would have bought it for the health check before buying it but it came from Kent, I found out the Subaru dealer it was serviced at and phoned them with the Reg, they told me that it was a good example with no history of problems.

I will bring it down next weekend if possible, I will give you a ring!

Hello all!

Picked up the P1 last night! very pleased.... look forward to seeing you all again!#

I'll upload some pictures later.

Michael

hello mate P1 is sweet, nice to meet you and put a face to a name!

lee