Bobbyc's Gb340 Detailed

Car arrived at the unit at around 11am and I got straight to work,

The car was degreased with APC and then rinsed, front end was also treated with foaming bug remover stuff.

Started with the wheels, cleaned inside and out then washed the car using the 2 bucket method.

Car was dried with drying towel and Megs Last Touch

All plastics, rubbers and grills were taped up with 3M blue tape and the car was ready for machine polishing

Tried with Menzerna Final Finish but the scratches and swirls just laughed at this, so up'd it to Menernza Intensive Polish for a little more cut, which did the trick, then a final pass with Final Finish to add gloss and remove any remaining holograms.

The paint was then wiped down using Z6 to remove polishing oils and coats of Gloss It Finish, Z6, Gloss It Concorso, Z6 and finally Z8 were applied.

The wheels were polished with Z5 then a coat of JetSeal was applied for extra protection. Tyres were treated with Blackfire Tyre gel.

Metal grills were polished with CG Metal Shine

The car was finished at around 8pm.

During pics

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00294.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

All finished

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00305.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00324.jpg

Edited by Frank_STI

Great work, Frank - the rain will be deflecting six inches away from the paintwork now! :thumbup:

Where can I get hold of some of that blue masking tape, BTW?

And what's the "two bucket method"? I could say that I use a similar method during the summer, i.e. "one bucketfull for the bodywork and one for the wheels"... but I'm guessing that you're referring to something altogether more sophisticated...?

:lol:

Great work, Frank - the rain will be deflecting six inches away from the paintwork now! :thumbup:

Where can I get hold of some of that blue masking tape, BTW?

And what's the "two bucket method"? I could say that I use a similar method during the summer, i.e. "one bucketfull for the bodywork and one for the wheels"... but I'm guessing that you're referring to something altogether more sophisticated...?

:lol:

PaulC555 supplies me with the tape and all my 3M products, including the polishing pads used on Bobby's car

Here's a guide to washing your car "safely" Washing Process