Brake Upgrade

Hi guys looking for advice /opinions ,going to upgrade my brakes and have seen some groop buys on SN problem is they all seem good prices

what i would like to know is what do i really need?. Car will be getting engine upgrades to the tune of circa 300bhp ,handling is :- Whitline

front ,rear anti roll bars ,antilift kit ,front rear droplinks soon to be getting rollcentre adjust kit too ,car also has Tein Super Street coilovers

so want to do brakes before power .

The brakes . Ksport 8 pot 330mm discs ds2500 pads £824

I am offering a complete brake kit including 330mm x 28mm grooved 2 piece discs and bells , AP CP6600 4 pot calipers , alloy mounting brackets and Ferodo DS2500 pads for £895 including free delivery

Our 335mm kit with AP 6 pots is also on offer at £1200

What would be in your opinions be the best to get for the above mentioned car set up ?

Thanks in advance

cheers kenny

Kenny,

I have almost the exact same handling mods as the ones you plan to fit and my car was 333bhp when mapped so am about the same sort of power level you are looking at. I use the car for road use so don't have any issues with brake fade on the track etc.

I have Tarox sport Japan slotted and drilled discs with Mintex extreme pads on the front and standard brakes on the rear. I've found them excellent for road use, if you intend taking it on the track you may have to spend a bit more though.

I've heard good thing about both your options but I think AP's reputation speaks for itself.

Edited by scoobysailor
Hi guys looking for advice /opinions ,going to upgrade my brakes and have seen some groop buys on SN problem is they all seem good prices

what i would like to know is what do i really need?. Car will be getting engine upgrades to the tune of circa 300bhp ,handling is :- Whitline

front ,rear anti roll bars ,antilift kit ,front rear droplinks soon to be getting rollcentre adjust kit too ,car also has Tein Super Street coilovers

I am offering a complete brake kit including 330mm x 28mm grooved 2 piece discs and bells , AP CP6600 4 pot calipers , alloy mounting brackets and Ferodo DS2500 pads for £895 including free delivery

What would be in your opinions be the best to get for the above mentioned car set up ?

Thanks in advance

cheers kenny

Brace yourself Kenny boy, you had this comin mate. The best you could go for are big shiny Brembos from an 05 STi, but ye canny huv them so tough sh!t!! ;)

Kenny,

I have almost the exact same handling mods as the ones you plan to fit and my car was 333bhp when mapped so am about the same sort of power level you are looking at. I use the car for road use so don't have any issues with brake fade on the track etc.

I have Tarox sport Japan slotted and drilled discs with Mintex extreme pads on the front and standard brakes on the rear. I've found them excellent for road use, if you intend taking it on the track you may have to spend a bit more though.

I've heard good thing about both your options but I think AP's reputation speaks for itself.

Hi Fraser i have got the handling mods on the car at present except the roll-centre adjust kit ,should have said in my post that i have

got a problem with one of my calipers the reason i was looking at upgrades.I am also thinking of taking my car up to knockhill and doing the 25

laps with instructor thing ;)

cheers kenny

Brace yourself Kenny boy, you had this comin mate. The best you could go for are big shiny Brembos from an 05 STi, but ye canny huv them so tough sh!t!! ;)

Barry Barry Barry you know as well as i do that your rally decaled STI (should have the yellow wheels) will only look good with the brake upgrades

that i mentioned and that you will only feel good within if you get them and gift your lovely shiny BREMBOS to me :D:thumbup:

cheers kenny

kenny bit of topic m8 when you thinking of doing the knockhill thing wouldnt mind doing something like that me self

kenny

Hi Kenny will be doing it once i have got all my mods done so i will give you a shout it was Robert (stipretender) who told me

about it .

cheers kenny

Thanks in advance

cheers kenny

if you have the money to spend then i would go for the ap 6 pots, ive got the 355mm 1s on mine and they are superb, definitely 1 of the best mods ive bought....

scott

kenny bit of topic m8 when you thinking of doing the knockhill thing wouldnt mind doing something like that me self

kenny

When I get my car track worthy then im going to do that aswell...ver reasonable price and I think it would be a good idea to do.

if you have the money to spend then i would go for the ap 6 pots, ive got the 355mm 1s on mine and they are superb, definitely 1 of the best mods ive bought....

scott

Totally agree Scott the AP's on my car were the best 2.5k+ i ever spent,

Kenny if you keep a look out in the For Sale section at the weekend i will be putting a full set of 6 Pot AP's 355mm front and 330mm rears with Black Calipers which have only done 500 miles all road use.

Taking photos when i get home tomorrow night and will pop the advert up ASAP.

They will be priced very fairly for a quick sale!

Regards

ScottyB

Kenny if you keep a look out in the For Sale section at the weekend i will be putting a full set of 6 Pot AP's 355mm front and 330mm rears with Black Calipers which have only done 500 miles all road use.

Regards

ScottyB

scotty, if you are looking to sell the rear ap's give scott m with the p1 a shout, he might take them off your hands....he was going to buy mine a wee while back until i decided to keep the car....

Is there a massive difference over the 4 pots if you get the 6 pots for what you intend to do with them???

Mac

Mac you have hit the nail on the head there bud ,if that being the case what would the difference be between the 8 pot Ksport and the 4 pot APs ?

cheers kenny

Regards

ScottyB

Go on mate give me hint ,a clue anything( give me a pm no one will know) .As Scott ( sma01) says they could be split between me and Scott M

keeping the two of us happy ;):D we would love you forever :D in a phrase rfom Father Ted " go on go on go on"

cheers kenny

Regards

ScottyB

i'm waiting i'm waiting i'm waiting B)

cheers kenny