Care Products

Hi All,

Looks like the weather is going to cool down ready for the meet on Sunday, thats a good thing I reckon :)

Just wondered if anyone has ever purchased or used the products on this site:

Waxamomo

Might purchase some, any feedback?

Rich

Yarp, any of the Maguiars stuff is pretty recommended by all on this site. Any of there waxes, polishes, shampoos, detailers etc etc you get the picture. Some say its expensive but personally I dont really think it is. I used the shampoo, gold liquid wax ( I think thats what it is) and the Alloy wheel cleaner and tyre cleaner products.

really are worth it. A slight cheap option is the new Turtlewax Ice range. I also use the Liquid Ice Polish and the Ice Detailer. Both give excellant results.

Halfords did have 3for2 on all cleaner stuff recently unsure if that is still on, but it did include Maguiars stuff. Yep Halfords sell it too.

Happy cleaning

Andy

Yarp, any of the Maguiars stuff is pretty recommended by all on this site. Any of there waxes, polishes, shampoos, detailers etc etc you get the picture. Some say its expensive but personally I dont really think it is. I used the shampoo, gold liquid wax ( I think thats what it is) and the Alloy wheel cleaner and tyre cleaner products.

really are worth it. A slight cheap option is the new Turtlewax Ice range. I also use the Liquid Ice Polish and the Ice Detailer. Both give excellant results.

Halfords did have 3for2 on all cleaner stuff recently unsure if that is still on, but it did include Maguiars stuff. Yep Halfords sell it too.

Happy cleaning

Andy

:) Megs all the way, the Tech Wax range is fantastic, especially on lighter cars. Like Andy though, I've had a dabble with the Turtle Wax Ice stuff and although not as good as the Megs clay bar, their Liquid Ice clay bar is damned good for a pre-polish deep wash, well worth a go imho! :D

Have fun and make sure you show us the results Sunday! :D

In the interest of aiding your cleaning skills knowledge, i can offer you, as selfless as i am..... one VERY VERY dirty car to clean if you need additional paintwork to practice on! I shall even make the effort to make it to your sunday meet ( i may still be in fancy dress i warn you)

... any takers? i can't see out of my windscreen just now ??

Evening guys and gals :D

DoDo Juice all the way, the stuff is awesome :P

I've been using zymol for a few years and tried DoDo last month and haven't look back, check it out on eBay.

I should be a salesman :P

FP!! Nice try :):D

If it where a dark car mate, I would completely agree, dodo juice really adds depth to the colour but on a silver car the clarity is less important and the wet look of the Megs really does do the trick! :beer:

Saying that, it depends on how far you want to get into it all. If the car is SUPER clean then for any light metallic paint I would go for Collinite 476S every time... I'm just too lazy to get mine that clean beforehand! :D

If it where a dark car mate, I would completely agree, dodo juice really adds depth to the colour but on a silver car the clarity is less important and the wet look of the Megs really does do the trick! :D

Saying that, it depends on how far you want to get into it all. If the car is SUPER clean then for any light metallic paint I would go for Collinite 476S every time... I'm just too lazy to get mine that clean beforehand! :)

Silver!! Anything makes it shine. Its the color any other color needs attention. Silver

is fastest and cleanist...

Lol Megs makes Cars look shiny end of. Not expensive not hard work. Just clean.!

To me if it takes five times longer to wax it then thats five times less fun I have had driving.....

Wash it fast, polish it fas,t drive it faster..................

i'll do it, but you got to buy me a big mac meal(large)....?oh and 6 chicky nuggets

and supply your own stuff......

dont think the polish,can beat that one!!!!!!

If you fancy doing mine, I'll even throw in a cuppa whilst your at it AND a milkshake with your maccy d's! :) Pity there's rain predicted for Fri, Sat and Sun though :D

so the dodo juice is the best for dark colours.....

i'll have to try that one as mine needs a good going over.....

any other good ones for "proper" blue car......

I would go for the Werkstat Acrylic stuff on yours mate, would work brilliantly! :) Not cheap though: Linky!

If you fancy doing mine, I'll even throw in a cuppa whilst your at it AND a milkshake with your maccy d's! :D Pity there's rain predicted for Fri, Sat and Sun though :D

Stop upping the stakes here!! dear god your suppposed to barter down not up!! :)

That would indeed in my calculation be cheaper than the polish boys! your on! :D i have a big pink bag of autoglym everything in my boot, as yet untouched and i've had it for over a year! Chatsworth rally show last year if i recall correctly!!

Stop upping the stakes here!! dear god your suppposed to barter down not up!! :)

That would indeed in my calculation be cheaper than the polish boys! your on! :D i have a big pink bag of autoglym everything in my boot, as yet untouched and i've had it for over a year! Chatsworth rally show last year if i recall correctly!!

You going this year? I should be up there on Saturday all being well. :D

autoglym now your talking...... :D (and a pink bag i think matt would like that :P )

we'll stu you make yours a burger king(double whopper )and a cup of tea and i'll think about it :D

f'p whens good for you as getting hungry now talking about this food!!!!

i can just taste the macky d's now :D

just gave mine the once over and she looks clean (as usual)

i'm going to get it dirty one day :)

autoglym now your talking...... :P (and a pink bag i think matt would like that :P )

we'll stu you make yours a burger king(double whopper )and a cup of tea and i'll think about it :D

f'p whens good for you as getting hungry now talking about this food!!!!

i can just taste the macky d's now :beer:

just gave mine the once over and she looks clean (as usual)

i'm going to get it dirty one day :)

Would mean coming to you via Oxford as there's no BK's near me. :D Out with the hose for me tonight then! :D

I'll bring some along to the next meet that i can make chris... give it a go dude....

"chav" me,!!!!! :P ...

i dont own much burberry :beer:

ya bring some along next time you can, and will give it a test...

see how it looks on my chav mobile :D

and that meal is a nice sized snack....

but young pups like me :D can get away with it...

f'p he would need the £100 pound to cover the hta minibus to bring him from home to you

hta......got it yet(help the aged) :):D

nice to speck to you again matt,haven't laughed so much in ages

LOL! 100 notes would cover it :D

I'm sure i used the word ' volunteer' :D

Stum450n - yup i should be there on saturday too can't wait, was brilliant last year!!

gc8-r - do you do a collection and drop off service?? the car is at home :) - for that i'll chuck in a McFlurry too!!

Edited by FruityPebble

i'll do it at yours so it wont get dirty again... :D

if i collected it,i'd never bring it back :) ,i'd leave mine there instead....

just leave it there unlocked and i'll use your pink sac a la magic.

or you can supply me with tea,and i'll do it while you wait :D

we can give matt the mcflurry,actully scrap that he's too fat now :D ..

the weight is harder to lose at his age... :P:beer:

i'll do it at yours so it wont get dirty again... :beer:

if i collected it,i'd never bring it back :) ,i'd leave mine there instead....

just leave it there unlocked and i'll use your pink sac a la magic.

or you can supply me with tea,and i'll do it while you wait :P

we can give matt the mcflurry,actully scrap that he's too fat now :D ..

the weight is harder to lose at his age... :P:D

Either you are - Very hungry

- Very Bored

or

- Too nice

I would wash the car only under the threat of death/ grevious bodily harm tbh, not what i'd call fun!

don't let me put you off though :D my car would be most grateful.

BTW did i see you in Kidlington the other week? someone in a silver classic gave me the most serious nodd and wave i have ever seen :D i (obviously, nothing less should be expected from me) was right in the middle of munching on a strawberry and had to make the decision between eating and waving, clearly i chose eating and did my best to grin without dribbling! :D

i'm all three,hungry,bored and too nice...and very nice when macky d's is involved...

and i'll do it if your serious(too many years valeting)..

one of my pet hates is a dirty car...

and it's a no sorry,i got a blue 2 door classic..

you would'nt miss me....as would prob be eating to..

i'm all three,hungry,bored and too nice...and very nice when macky d's is involved...

and i'll do it if your serious(too many years valeting)..

one of my pet hates is a dirty car...

and it's a no sorry,i got a blue 2 door classic..

you would'nt miss me....as would prob be eating to..

Can't imagine why i thought you had a silver classic - completely loosing the plot!

I'm deadly serious, i just can't believe you are! :) seriously, he is really really mucky! i used to go to the polish boys in Witney but they left swirl marks on my paint work last time :D

:D another case of hollow legs! i can eat for england, by all rights i should be the size of a house by now, god bless youth and good genes! :D

Can't imagine why i thought you had a silver classic - completely loosing the plot!

I'm deadly serious, i just can't believe you are! :) seriously, he is really really mucky! i used to go to the polish boys in Witney but they left swirl marks on my paint work last time :D

:D another case of hollow legs! i can eat for england, by all rights i should be the size of a house by now, god bless youth and good genes! :P

i'll do it..no cars to dirty for me(sounds like an advert)

give me a time and day and "he will be clean"for once :beer::D

chris