Live From Skye

Does anyone remember anything about that wagon (Garage names etc?), he really should have gave way, don't know how he thought that he could justify ploughing through like that when he had passing places to stop in... it was just plain obnoxious, and to be honest a little bit dangerous.

Am I right in thinking this all happened after the first stop at strathcarron near the tunnel? Think I have the camera facing forward at the time :D

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he was good enough to tell me how my friends were going to end up killing somebody. Yet he was the one that forced people of the road, typical lorry driver that thinks because he has the larger vehicle that everyone else should just make way for him.

Am I right in thinking this all happened after the first stop at strathcarron near the tunnel? Think I have the camera facing forward at the time :D

Yeah thats the one... did you get him on camera?

Yes he was good enough to tell me how my friends were going to end up killing somebody. Yet he was the one that forced people of the road, typical lorry driver that thinks because he has the larger vehicle that everyone else should just make way for him.

Yeah, I think that your right there Paul...

Yeah thats the one... did you get him on camera?

I'll have a look later, good chance of it! :P

Too far down the convoy to catch the incident though :D remember seeing the RB parked at the side of the road...

Edited by ScoUK

Aye the guy is obviously a moron. Too late to do much about it now but if I find out where the ***** works i'll be sure to phone the garage owner and tell him what a nob end he has working for him............. :D

Might take Dod the Rottie up to see him - 58 kgs of killer dog might just make him see sense. Dog would probably try to lick him to death to be honest............. :P

sorry to hear about that guys, sounds like a right tw*t

I doubt I would have moved... lorry or no lorry. I wouldn't have been in any rush to go anywhere... especially if I had seen any of the antics forcing folk off the road

23 of you and only 1 of him.... why didn't somebody stop him?

sorry to hear about that guys, sounds like a right tw*t

I doubt I would have moved... lorry or no lorry. I wouldn't have been in any rush to go anywhere... especially if I had seen any of the antics forcing folk off the road

23 of you and only 1 of him.... why didn't somebody stop him?

eh............smash head on into a lorry at "silly mph" or take to the ditch......easy choice for me i'm afraid.

Edited by hosstheboss

The road it happened was too narrow for all of us to stop and have it out with him (lane and a half with passing places).

plus i dont think it would have been the right thing to do.

its a pity really, we managed to get by all other road users on that stretch of road,

it was just a random muppet driver that was being a pain.

Its weird - on the glenshee photoshoot run (2005? 2006?) on the leg after the photoshoot when we headed for Dufftown I was forced off the road by a flatbed too. Hopefully it wasn't the same walloper.

Maybe they were just after some "self induced" business! :D

Maybe they were just after some "self induced" business! :P

Wouldn't susprise me.. probably runs up and down that road all day looking for targets :D

Sadly, didn't quite capture it on vid.. met it on a right hand bend and only just caught the edge of the sidelight and wing mirror.. can't see any real part of it :lol: Pretty sure I see hte pothole that was hit thought!! If I can figure out how to capture a frame from a WMV file I'll post it up..

monkey boy in the back was filming all through that stretch so i have full footage of the guy ploughing past me as i took to the ditch,complete with name and phone number-probably his ugly mug too!

jongleurs has the tape and im sure will be more than happy to forward a copy and details hoss :D

Try playing it through WinDVD or Nero Showtime or simelar, and you should be able to capture frame...

Tried capturing from PowerDVD earlier but was only able to capture keyframes.. Nero seemed happier though..

Shame about the quality... I was recording straight to wmv, turns out wasn't such a good idea.. should have cleared up space and recorded straight to MPEG2 then worried about encoding later... Never mind..:

FLatbed, just off the right of the screen :P

NVE00001.png

I reckon this was the offending hole/chasm!

NVE00002.png

:D

NVE00003.png

Cal it was a great weekend but i could be persuaded to do it again next year if theres interest-except no indian this time!!!

and can confirm you want to go visit the lochcarron garage hoss,tyre and compensation i think!

and is it confirmed thats the garage name?

and is it confirmed thats the garage name?

There are 2 garages in Lochcarron - Lochcarron garage and DMK motors. The first ones phone no ends in 205 and the second 682. I would think if it was a flatbed the second one would be more likely.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of the weekend bar this, was speaking to a few of you in the broadford car park on Sunday.