Crail Raceway

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayby I could hide them all in the boot....... :o

pay my £10 at the gates then park up and let them oot again.

That sounds a bit more like it, anybody else tried this tactic? :D

sure have and it works :):(;) just pull up at the gate and get everyone in the boot then drive round the corner to pay :D

Crail used to run a few events up at the Edzel US air base on the way to Aberdeen... I went to a few up there and the whole place is much better suited for it... but for some reason they stopped using it

Planning issues or locals complaining i think. Have to agree it was a much better site for it although maybe not in the right area of the country to make money. I think they did bike racing there as well, not sure if that's still on.

Planning issues or locals complaining i think. Have to agree it was a much better site for it although maybe not in the right area of the country to make money.

I thought it was due to noise that they stopped it.

I'd have to disagree with the location and maybe not being able to make the same money. I know lots of folk in the north east don't bother going to crail because its too far away, Edzell is much easier to get to from the North. I may be wrong but thats just my thoughts. There is a serious lack of places to rag your car in the north east area as it is, wish we had a track or drag strip up north :o

Rich

I've always wanted to create a "Gymkhana" type event up this way.. I'm not one for drag strips.. Far prefer the handling/skillful stuff like a decent sized sprint track.. A full bown race track is too much IMHo.. Just a nice clean space to safely and legally piss about on and learn about the car in everyway! :o

I will be heading up for the day! But not in my bugeye! ( depending on the weather) I know we all hate the conditions and the price but at the end of the day its a brill day out regardless! :o

That is for sure....it's always a good laugh up there unless the weather is gash

I thought it was due to noise that they stopped it.

I'd have to disagree with the location and maybe not being able to make the same money. I know lots of folk in the north east don't bother going to crail because its too far away, Edzell is much easier to get to from the North. I may be wrong but thats just my thoughts. There is a serious lack of places to rag your car in the north east area as it is, wish we had a track or drag strip up north :o

Rich

You could be right about the noise, wouldn't have thought it'd be any more intrusive than the planes they had there though.

Regarding the location ,i just figured they wouldn't get many coming from Edinburgh or Glasgow to it and without them would it be cost effective enough to run both sites and split what clientelle they have.

The only time i've been on the strip was at Edzell, car was standard at the time and run a 14.1 i think in the p*ssing rain.

Im going to give the 1/4 m ago the morra at a Straightliners RWUB day at Kirkbride in Cumbria. :lol:

Staraightliners are the same people that do TOTB & Scooby Sprint & the likes. :o

Really looking forward to it as ive not done this kind of thing before. :lol:

Im going to give the 1/4 m ago the morra at a Straightliners RWUB day at Kirkbride in Cumbria. :D

Staraightliners are the same people that do TOTB & Scooby Sprint & the likes. :D

Really looking forward to it as ive not done this kind of thing before. ;)

Barry...let us know how you get on as Cumbria doesn't sound that far away?

Barry...let us know how you get on as Cumbria doesn't sound that far away?

It was a cracking event today at Kirkbride, and as you say not to far to travel its 30miles from the Gretna services & 11 miles from Carlise.

The strip its self was spot on, nice and clean & smooth as.

There were 85 cars & 25 bikes on the drag strip & after talking to Trevor from Straightliners i found out that they were up trying this out for the future scooby sprints. ;)

Theyre having another day in Aug some time. :D

My car was running good the day & my best run out of 8 runs was 13.2 at 104mph for the 1/4 mile.

Will post up some pics later. :D

Edited by wulsey
It was a cracking event today at Kirkbride, and as you say not to far to travel its 30miles from the Gretna services & 11 miles from Carlise.

The strip its self was spot on, nice and clean & smooth as.

There were 85 cars & 25 bikes on the drag strip & after talking to Trevor from Straightliners i found out that they were up trying this out for the future scooby sprints. ;)

Theyre having another day in Aug some time. :D

My car was running good the day & my best run out of 8 runs was 13.2 at 104mph for the 1/4 mile.

Will post up some pics later. :D

Nice one Barry....sounds like a better place than Crail...

I'll be up for the august date along with a couple of bum pals :D

Sorry £40 all in with the £5 entrance fee a the gate. :P

But still not bad for a good day out. :D

Crail is like £25 all in...but time gear is much to be desired and track strip is pash but better than nothing!