Scooby Ready To Go

Hi Guys just about ready to throw the towel in with the Scooby had enough now!!!!

2 dents on the car and now the back trim leading up to the wheel arch pulled off? (don't know for sure though and can't really prove it)

Mark on one of my alloys too why do we spend loads of money on our cars can any one remember me please? ;)

because u get a buzz from buying and adding to your car! its supposed to outweigh the dissapointment when u break/scratch/blow up something. when it stops outweighing the damage its time to go standard! oe is the new aftermarket! buy standard keep standard thats my motto! :):P;)

Edited by jimmymc1
stop worrying about little things like door dings and marked alloys

Yeah. If you're going to toss in the towel at this stage, what are you going to do when you break a gearbox or a piston.

If the money wasn't spent on the Scoob, it would be spent on improving something all we already have. So, for me, I'd rather have an Impreza instead of a holiday abroad or a conservatory or real-wood floor... etc. etc. etc.

classic newage or whatever, lifes too short to spend worrying about little things like door dings and marked alloys, there only bloody cars! ;)

True, only messing with you anyway bud. It is nice however to have a "perfect" car but TBH its never going to happen

True, only messing with you anyway bud. It is nice however to have a "perfect" car but TBH its never going to happen

yup, its not worth bothering with TBH, if your going to go through life worried about every little mark or door ding your getting your self worked up for no reason i was like that with my old one for a while, but now i just prefer to drive and enjoy them for what they are ;)

shelley i agree it is frustrating when you see damage on the scoob caused by others and makes your blood boil to see how people dont give a damn about other folks property.

i've got tons of scrapes, dings and stone chips galore on mine that i've been meaning to get sorted but never seem to get round to it because something else crops up that needs money to be repaired/replaced.

but as the others have said, you'll probably regret it if you sell the scoob because of this, which is essentially superficial damage and can be fixed

do you still get the grin factor when you are behind the wheel and seem to take the long way to buy a paper?

do you still wince when you fill her up but then grin when you when you see the petrol guage drop cos you're having fun driving it?

if so it is not time to sell ;)

stick with it :)

forget the smaller detail, i gave up on worrying about small dinks and chips a long time ago, especially if your car is a daily driver.

The black wheel arch rubber mouldings are crap too they always fall off, i noticed they have metal core inside the rubber and this seems to rust, i am gona get a a couple of new ones and see if that holds them on better.

Chin up and foot down ;)

forget the smaller detail, i gave up on worrying about small dinks and chips a long time ago, especially if your car is a daily driver.

Yup, me too... lost count of the small scratches/dings on the car now... gave up worrying about them. If I'd have put it in to get seen to everytime one happened it would have never been out of a garage getting resprayed, etc.

I tend to find keeping it dirty helps hide them anyway ;)

You know the best solution to the paintwork blues?

Take yer Scooby for a rip down a nice B-road and remember why you bought it in the first place, and how these cosmetic woes make eff-all difference to how much fun it is to drive ;)

Definitely... took mine down to Oban for the weekend just past... some of the roads there and back were pretty good (although getting better than 95RON down there is a bit of a challenge).

took mine down to Oban for the weekend just past... some of the roads there and back were pretty good (although getting better than 95RON down there is a bit of a challenge).

That's interesting, Iain. I almost went up to Oban at the weekend, but had last minute change of mind when realised I couldn't quite take the petrol costs (there's always too much month left at the end of my wages!). Ended up having a short scoot around the Trossachs instead, which was great fun - but I could've happily stayed out longer :P

Did you drive the A816 Oban to Lochgilphead during your travels? Just asking because that's the road I thought about taking on Sunday (the A85 being the route that most folks from around here would opt for). I drove the A816 once before about four years ago, but I remember very little of it - was driving my mum's car and had a bit of a hangover, so conditions weren't really ideal for enthusiastic driving! Kind of funny, looking back on it - I remember insisting on driving after a few miles of the old dear being at the wheel - the way she was taking the corners was giving me (and the other passengers) the utter heave - fast in, slow out, two whole gears too high, etc... woe... :);)

That's interesting, Iain. I almost went up to Oban at the weekend, but had last minute change of mind when realised I couldn't quite take the petrol costs (there's always too much month left at the end of my wages!). Ended up having a short scoot around the Trossachs instead, which was great fun - but I could've happily stayed out longer :P

Did you drive the A816 Oban to Lochgilphead during your travels? Just asking because that's the road I thought about taking on Sunday (the A85 being the route that most folks from around here would opt for). I drove the A816 once before about four years ago, but I remember very little of it - was driving my mum's car and had a bit of a hangover, so conditions weren't really ideal for enthusiastic driving! Kind of funny, looking back on it - I remember insisting on driving after a few miles of the old dear being at the wheel - the way she was taking the corners was giving me (and the other passengers) the utter heave - fast in, slow out, two whole gears too high, etc... woe... :);)

I know the feeling about too much month left B)

We took the A96 to Huntly, then across to Dufftown, down to Aviemore and Kingussie/Newtonmore over to Spean Bridge, Fort William and down to Oban. The roads going down early Saturday morning were great, not much on the road so was able to make good progress, way back was fine until we got onto the narrower roads and a queue of half a dozen cars who all insisted on sitting right in the middle of the road, even when I was sitting right over to the left indicator going... wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the 40-50mph limit they seemed to have. A few short sections with white lines showing them where the middle of the road actually was, was enough for me to get by though :P

400-odd miles though over the weekend. Have done the roads down to lochgilphead and campbeltown about 13yrs ago in an old Pug GTi which was quite good fun though :D Not been down that way much since though.

Guys and gals thanks for all your advice! You know what? everyone of you is right at the end of the day it still drives like a dream! And yes I do still get a smile on my face everytime I get in it and drive! Think the B roads are to blame for the dings and chips!

You have all just made me love my Scooby again :) and it's nice to know I am not alone with the dents and dings and chips and all!

I say stuff the dings and dents it's no way near as bad as what has happened to some peeps on here so soz all about the rant and ta for listening :P

So from now on "foot down and drive" ;)B):P

We took the A96 to Huntly, then across to Dufftown, down to Aviemore and Kingussie/Newtonmore over to Spean Bridge, Fort William and down to Oban. The roads going down early Saturday morning were great, not much on the road so was able to make good progress, way back was fine until we got onto the narrower roads and a queue of half a dozen cars who all insisted on sitting right in the middle of the road, even when I was sitting right over to the left indicator going... wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the 40-50mph limit they seemed to have. A few short sections with white lines showing them where the middle of the road actually was, was enough for me to get by though ;)

Sounds like a memorable trip, Iain - can't beat the irresistible cocktail of empty roads and good weather! I've driven the Oban to Fort William route before (and on to Invershneck'ee) - was very nice if I remember rightly. Need to get up there again soon.

Shame that so many drivers don't seem too well-informed on country road etiquette, i.e. leaving gaps in the traffic for overtakers, pulling over to let folks past... I try not to let these things annoy me, but they can sometimes spoil an otherwise enjoyable drive.

Edited by Mystery Machine
Sounds like a memorable trip, Iain - can't beat the irresistible cocktail of empty roads and good weather! I've driven the Oban to Fort William route before (and on to Invershneck'ee) - was very nice if I remember rightly. Need to get up there again soon.

Shame that so many drivers don't seem too well-informed on country road etiquette, i.e. leaving gaps in the traffic for overtakers, pulling over to let folks past... I try not to let these things annoy me, but they can sometimes spoil an otherwise enjoyable drive.

Yeah, if anything, one of the cars that I did manage to pass tried to pull over on me as I was passing him, almost as if he was trying to stop me passing.

They are good roads though as and when they are empty though, just a shame that the limits are so low on them as some of them are in such good condition, with limited numbers of junctions or cars/animals about IYKWIM... seemed such a shame to be sat at the limit so long ;):)

:wub: Scooby back to its old good looking self again after a trip to Ian Greives for the replacement parts that were stolen from it!!!

Even bigger smile on my face now when I am driving my Scooby again!

A big thanks to Charlie and Jamie at Greives for the quick service and getting the parts promptly for me!!!

As for the dings and dents well I have accepted that's just part of being a Scooby driver lol!

Well Chuffed :P