Scooby Ready To Go

Result! :crying:

Cheers and stuff the paintwork blues! What a rip I gave it today made sure I added a a lot more stone chips and even more to the BMW from behind me(tiny dot in the end in my rear veiw mirror :crying: ) when I left him for dead!!!!

Gave the Scooby a real thrashing today had the biggest smile on my face ever! Grinned when I could hear the gravel hitting the paintwork and thought stuff it! The burble has been unleashed and I am smiling, so that's what it is all about I understand now!! :blush:

:crying:

Cheers and stuff the paintwork blues! What a rip I gave it today made sure I added a a lot more stone chips and even more to the BMW from behind me(tiny dot in the end in my rear veiw mirror :crying: ) when I left him for dead!!!!

Gave the Scoobyview a real thrashing today had the biggest smile on my face ever! Grinned when I could hear the gravel hitting the paintwork and thought stuff it! The burble has been unleashed and I am smiling, so that's what it is all about I understand now!! :crying:

:crying:

That's the spirit!

You're right not to concern yourself too much about the smaller stones and gravel - they usually sound a lot harder on the paintwork than they actually are. They'll leave a 'rash' eventually, but hey - if appearance was all you cared about you'd have bought an Alpha, right? :crying:

Also, I don't know if all the newages are the same, but mine has a thicker/grainier blend of paint on the bottoms of the doors ('stone chip resistant', I believe they call it) - seems to deflect most of the little B-road projectiles without leaving marks.

Mind you, when I was down the Borders a couple months back, a passing car threw up a larger stone onto the top section of one of the doors and it left a couple of scuffs. I was a wee bit pee'd off at first, but had to accept that it's just part of the wear and tear of driving country roads, and having fun on country roads is the main reason I bought the car (apart from to get to work and back - bah!).

Take care.

:blush:

Just got mine back from the bodyshop for a wee dent repair and now I have another! :crying: but don't care any more now after reading the replies on this, so i'm away out for a blast as its a braw day :crying::crying:

Sorry to hear that!

It looks like the stuff it attitude has really rubbed off :crying: Good for you hope you enjoy your drive and come back with smile on your face!!! Once you open it up and here that sound you will forget about the dents :blush:

That's the spirit!

Also, I don't know if all the newages are the same, but mine has a thicker/grainier blend of paint on the bottoms of the doors ('stone chip resistant', I believe they call it) - seems to deflect most of the little B-road projectiles without leaving marks.

Yes mine has that too almost looks like orange peel :crying: I have noticed some small chips there as well not worth bothering about! You are very right you do have to accept it!!!!

Ta

:blush:

Glad to hear you changed your mind. Took mine a run up to Glencoe last Sunday and on the way there a stone from a passing car hit my windscreen , chipped the window and created 5 spider cracks, one of which has now grown to about 7 inches.

This'll be the 2nd windscreen in about 6 months, didn't take away from the enjoyment of the driving though. :blush:

That's life, deal with it and move on :crying::crying::crying:

Just got mine back from the bodyshop for a wee dent repair and now I have another! :crying: but don't care any more now after reading the replies on this, so i'm away out for a blast as its a braw day :crying::crying:

exactly the point im making, is it worth all of the heartache and expense at the end of the day? :blush: theres much more fun to be had driving them than worrying about them, so when are you and shelly booking for knockhill then :crying:

glad you re converted coz after a totaly crap year and a half of pure sheds. i decided to splash oot a little and get my first scoob. and after having it for about 4 months now id never change it. and have had my fair share of dents dings scuffs etc. after all i bought mine with damage to the rear and wont grudge a penny of fixing her all up. as it brings a huge smile on my face and makes me feel great when driving thats "PRICELESS" good auld master card

GRIN IT AND BEAR IT

exactly the point im making, is it worth all of the heartache and expense at the end of the day? :crying: theres much more fun to be had driving them than worrying about them, so when are you and shelly booking for knockhill then ;)

Na don't think so, not that brave :D not in my own car anyway!! ;)

Na don't think so, not that brave :o not in my own car anyway!! ;)

Yeagh knockhill looks fab! Looking to buy a hawkeye or blobeye STI in the near future so might take my bugeye round the track and say goodbye to it properly stone chips dents and all :):( what a smile that would bring to my face!!!!!!

Yeagh knockhill looks fab! Looking to buy a hawkeye or blobeye STI in the near future so might take my bugeye round the track and say goodbye to it properly stone chips dents and all :o:) what a smile that would bring to my face!!!!!!

sti already?

is your wrx too slow :(

sti already?

is your wrx too slow :D

What can I say :D ! I have got the Scooby Bug so rather than totaly modding mine I was just thinking of buying a new one (might not be as much fun though as modding mine) when you get a new mod you don't half get a smile on your face!!!!!! ;)