Keeping Up Service History?

I own a MY00 Turbo 2000 on 71k miles, so this month it turned a grand old age of 9 years old. Up until now, it has a full Subaru service history, now as much as I would like to continue that, I'm thinking is it really worth it?

I am a Motor/Plant Engineer by trade for the RAF, so no probs there. The only problem is if I came to sell?

What do people think/do? Is it worth keeping or not really worth the added cost?

Cheers, Ryan!

I own a MY00 Turbo 2000 on 71k miles, so this month it turned a grand old age of 9 years old. Up until now, it has a full Subaru service history, now as much as I would like to continue that, I'm thinking is it really worth it?

I am a Motor/Plant Engineer by trade for the RAF, so no probs there. The only problem is if I came to sell?

What do people think/do? Is it worth keeping or not really worth the added cost?

Cheers, Ryan!

mine had full subaru service history when i bought it 2 years ago, i decided to just stick it my mates garage for basic services (could do it myself but want his stamps). i'm on 90000 and gonna stick it in AWD for a big serivce at 100000 (mainly for my peice of mind)

i thought well as its not an sti or type r i can't see it worth it on mine plus its getting to 10 years old now anway and coming up for 100000 miles

in the 2 years i've prob lost 1500 - 2000 on the car value and i dont think full sub history would bump the value up any

steve

Cheers, Ryan!

If you keep a big folder of history of all the money you spend on the car then you should be fine. Keep all the receipts and possibly like a spread sheet of all the dates that you service the car on. That way the dates of the services should match all the dates on the receipts.

I dont think most people care if its a dealership history, just as long as its kept up and stamped by the relevant garage you use.

A service is a service in my eyes and it makes no difference to me if its a subaru garage. Like said above, keep all receipts, old MOTs etc, and that will be enough in most peoples eyes to see its been looked after.

Thats my opinion.

May need a correction here, but with a fully Subaru service history, I suspect that would strengthen a PX at a main dealer if you wanted to go newage.

Duuno, worth a thought.

That wasnt something I thought about before to be honest!

If you keep a big folder of history of all the money you spend on the car then you should be fine. Keep all the receipts and possibly like a spread sheet of all the dates that you service the car on. That way the dates of the services should match all the dates on the receipts.

I keep receipts for absolutely everything I buy for it. Still undecided on what to do, hate the thought that I'm wasting money I could save by doing it myself!

That wasnt something I thought about before to be honest!

I keep receipts for absolutely everything I buy for it. Still undecided on what to do, hate the thought that I'm wasting money I could save by doing it myself!

At the end of the day with what these cars are worth now as trade in i cant see the point in keeping up the full Subaru service history. If you are selling it to any body then a folder full of receipts is as good i would have thought.

I work at a main dealer subaru garage. Its important to keep up your service history, but it does not all need to be main agent. As long as it has history the car will be worth the same as full main dealer. We wont retail cars older than 6 years old so after that its your call.

when a car gets over 6 years old the service history means not a lot .service historys can be faked so beware

keep all paperwork for oil and filters and so on

keep a record and tally up of all parts you fitted

where i work in a high quality dealership punters come in and get a service and report on faults ,the oil and filters get changed and on many nothing ever gets done to the vehicle other than that . i checked a fully dealer serviced car this week that had 3broken springs 2 worn balljoints o/side upper caster control arm worn ,fuel hoses leaking causing damage to water hoses alternator and drive belt , hub bearing falling off faulty brake light switch ,req front discs and pads .this car had full dealer history meant nowt mot fail and hundreads req to be spent on it

most cars after 5years will go to traders or market for sale .

every car tells its own story and after 37 years in the trade i can spot the bingers and the good ones

cheers :D geo